8.14.2007

Gotta love the Chinese




There's a Chinese girl in my study group for the LSAT. Yesterday was her birthday, and as we were discussing it, she mentioned she was old. I didn't think so. She just turned 27. I said my wife was 26, both of which I don't consider old. (However, when I think about the ages of all my siblings, that's where it starts to get a little gray...or maybe they're the one's getting gray...) Anyway, she asked how old I was, to which I replied 23. Her eyes lit up. She told me about an Ancient Chinese Proverb which says that when the wife is three years older than the husband, then that couple will have the Golden Brick. What that meant, I didn't know for sure, so I inquired. She said that we're going to be RICH! Music to my ears. Sweet music to my ears. This came as even more confirmation that Laney was the right one for me and just added to list of things that I love about her. And I guess that my luck with the Chinese is a lot better than the luck Leisy and Kent have.

2 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow! That is a great story!

Kent and Leisy said...

apparently marrying a girl one year older brings bad luck...or bad fortune cookies that bring bad luck.