10.25.2007



We have had some complaints about the music on our blog (Jessica), and we have changed it, but we want you all to know why we are putting weird music on our blog. The song you have been hearing was called Molitva and it was the 2007 Eurovision contest winner the artist was from Serbia. Eurovision is a contest I learned all about on my mission (Latvija was the winner that year) and I have been kind of follwing it ever since. Almost every country in Europe sends an entry and people all over Europe can vote for the winner by texting in a vote (Kind of like American Idol) Some of the famous winners from the past were ABBA and Celine Dion (from switzerland I think). Anyway, so this summer when Taylor and I were in Europe, the Eurovision contest was actually happening, and for the first time ever, I got to watch all the contestants and their songs. Anyway, it was hysterical and wonderful. The song currently playing on our blog is Great Britain's entry. It is probably my favorite. And the video above was the weirdest entry, they were from Ukraine, the aluminium outfit is my favorite part. We love Eurovision and we can only hope they broadcast it in the US in the years to come.

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

why are the unkrainians singing in german?

taylor and laney said...

the real question should be, why do the ukranian men sound like women and dress like aliens.

Nate and Jessica said...

Oh help. At least I got my name on your blog. Now that's something worth singing about.

buhlersdayoff said...

HI!! I love that I found your blog and I can't believe that you are in YWs as well. I think that I was stuck into YW for all of the things that I did when I was a YW!! ps--I think that you should grow your hair out...but it is cute short too!!-Sarah (asay/buhler)

Aaron & Kalle said...

Tay, Tag your it. Go to our site and follow the instructions.