10.22.2007

work at the moa




My job is terrific. This past Saturday I had a lot to do at work, and I convinced all my store girls to come in and help. We worked in the store before it opened, we organized and cleaned and had breakfast together. I really think I may have one of the greatest jobs ever. I get paid to spend money and shop. And I get to hire the people who work for me, and I love them. Going to work is like being with a bunch of friends all day. I love the people I work with, I can't believe how much I learn everyday. Just today we had a lecture on the transition ofmodernism to post-modernism combined with minimalism and conceptualism. Incredible! It sounds difficult, and it was. I think Campbell(our museum director) plans on giving the lecture over and over again until we get it. We have a post-modernist show coming and he wants us to understand it. Anyway, I sure love the Museum,and I sure love the people here. They are like a second family. They all have PhD and Masters degrees in art and even though the last art class i took was in seventh grade, they all treat me like I am one of them. They even appreciate my layman opinion, they seem to think it gives them insight on how the non-art community views the musuem. Today I am grateful for such a wonderful job that often times doesn't even feel like work.

6 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

you have the weirdest music on here. i bet you are a great boss...maybe i will move back to ut, hire a babysitter and work for you.

Erin said...

I love post-modernism (although sometime it can give me a whopping headache). Let me know when it comes!

Kent and Leisy said...

all the girls that work there kind of look the same!

Charity Jade Eyre said...

laney this picture makes me want to die because i miss you guys so much. talk about the best job ever! i can't wait to come visit at thanksgiving. tell the moa and the girls hi from me!

ThomCarter said...

Sounds just like building web classes in the basement of the library!

JT & Lizzie Davis said...

Laney! I found your blog! It's so cute! I miss you! Especially looking at this picture ... I heart MOA! That museum, store, lessons, experiences, and all that came with it was the cherry on top of my BYU education. Thanks for making the store such a blessing and fantastic place to work. It was fate! You are wonderful!
Love, Lizzie