11.09.2007

here goes it.

So I have been tagged a number of times in the past and I have always kind of ingnored it., there isn't much about me that people don't know. But since I don't have anything else to post, here goes it...

1. When Taylor and I first started dating, I never in a million years thought I would marry him, and for the first four or five months I was thinking of ways to break up with him, I just never had the guts to do it. And when he told me he loved me for the first time, my first thought was, well that makes one of us. I didn't tell him I loved him back for months. He still reminds me often that he has loved me longer and always will.

2. Although most of you already know this story, it is my favorite. I got my appendix out in a soviet hospital where I was forced to walk through the hospital hallway with nothing on but a hat and booties, and then I was tied down naked to a table where I remained awake for the entire operation. Once they found my appendix, I asked if I could keep it (Leisy and I kept our tonsils in little jars for years and years when we got them out, we may still have them somewhere) anyway, they told me I couldn't keep it, but they let me see it. Not many people can say they have seen their appendix.

3. I hate being told what to do and how to do things by people who think they know best or better than me. Leisy and I are very much alike in that, when people push us too hard, we will always push back harder. I am about as stubborn as they come. I think it came from my mom and dad, all the Oswald sisters could give anyone a run for their money with stubbornness. While sometimes it gets me in trouble, it also helps me out. I don't get walked on by others, and things normally turn out how I want them to.

4. After graduate school I want to take the foreign service exam and go to hair school. I figure if taylor gets to put us in debt with his schooling, why not add an extra $6,000.00 for more schooling for me. :)

5. I love to travel, and I will travel the world for the rest of my life. I still have 4 more continents to go and a lot more countries to see. Taylor and I want to see India next and maybe Peru, and Machu Pichu. I also want to run a marathon in Africa or somewhere exotic.

6. People told Taylor and me that marriage would be hard, and thus far, we think they were all lying. It is a piece of cake. They say it gets harder with time and with kids, but my philosphy is that how can life ever be that hard when you have the most wonderful husband in the world to live it with? The only thing that would really be super hard is if taylor were to die. Cause then, I would have to do everything alone.

7. While I am not overly obsessed with entertainment news like my sister, I am obsessed with tv shows like Law and Order, and CSI. I could watch the shows for hours and hours and never get tired of it. When it gets to gross, I just close my eyes. I am also addicted to the news. I love the news and I can't go a day without it.

9 comments:

Page said...

I feel exactly the same as your #6. I think people were just trying to scare us by saying that marriage is SO hard. What do they know? So far, it's all fun and happiness!!

Kent and Leisy said...

marriage is the best thing ever. having a baby kinda put a damper on me for awhile. thats over now though. its back to perfect :)

Kari Ann said...

Just being reminded of the story of when you got your appendix out makes me laugh. I love that story! I just saw you on Leisy & Kent's blog so I had to get on and say hi. I hope all is well! I sure love ya!

Nate and Jessica said...

You know I told you marriage was wonderful and not hard. And the van was not just rust colored...it was rust covered. Yes, my father is responsible for my Coke Slurpee addiction.

Lindsi said...

I am very happy (and kind of impressed) that you responded to my tag. Good job.

Steve and Hailey said...

I think that I agree with Leisy. I thought that you were the first one to say that you loved Taylor and he really had to think about it.

Jason & Shannon said...

We're addicted to Law and Order too. My favorite is when they have the marathons of them, all day! I also agree with the marriage thing. Even though it's only been a few months, it's still not really like what people had said it would be like.

Tyson said...

Taylor, I don't care what Laney says, I've loved you from the first day I meet you.

Amie said...

I only knew the being awake while they took your appendix out part. I didn't know they made you walk down the hall naked with just socks! That is hillarious and I am sure SO uncomfortable! I love the #1 story it goes perfect with you being stubborn.