11.25.2007

thanksgiving, christmas, and my haircut


Here we sit, it is sunday night and Taylor and I are dreading monday morning. Tomorrow means the start of finals and papers, and seeing as how I work two retail jobs, a long next month. However, we have had a tremendous past week and we are getting all ready for Christmas. Our apartment is almost all decorated. You can see our tree above. Taylor wanted an all white light tree but the tree I had was already pre-strung so we have colored lights. But once it was up Taylor decided he really liked it and was glad to have a change. He hasn't ever had colored lights before and now he has seen the best of the colored christmas light world.

Our thanksgiving was great as well, I would post a picture but we are sending it to my mom for her to post on her blog, so you can see it there once she gets it up. We started at Taylor's brother and sister in Law's house and ended up at my parents house. It was a great day, we started it out by sleeping in (this is 7:30 for us, we wished we could have slept longer but our bodies wouldn't let us) and we eventually got out of bed, did some dishes, we went running (yes, we went together, and yes, Taylor's stride is 73 times longer than mine but we somehow make it work). After our run Taylor got on the roof and put our swamp cooler covers on. Our apartment is now a tad bit warmer. We still only have to turn the heat on for a few hours a day.



I also got a haircut this past week. So thank you to all who voted in the poll. I quite like my haircut. I am not in love with it, but I must say I am happy with it and it is a needed change. Taylor says he likes it and I am pretty sure I believe him, (he would never tell me if he didn't like it). Here is the picture. Please don't mind that I am in my robe, it is almost ten, and it is my bedtime. I will try and come up with a better picture later. This is mostly for leisy who was demanding a picture.




I have become the ward hairstylist. For some strange reason, the young women think I can cut hair, so last week I cut Silvia's hair and tonight Sammie came over and told me she wanted short hair like mine, so we cut it. I didn't get any before pictures but I did take an after. Silvia is on the left, you can't see her hair much at all but we just cut off five inches and left it the same style, but Sammie's was a little more drastic, and she wanted swooping bangs and layers! (I don't know how to cut swooping bangs or layers but it kind of worked out)



I worked a lot this past week and Taylor and I shopped a lot. We bought Taylor some new shoes at Nordstrom Rack (its the only place in the state that carries a size 15 shoe!) He tried on a bucket load of shoes, and we finally found a pair we liked.




I also decided to post a picture from the gap. I thought this picture may make Leisy a little homesick for the gap, but there is nothing better than a good picture of Matt and Fairy Bell eating pumpkin pie the day after thanksgiving in the break room at the good old Gap.





So a lot more than all this happened this past week, but you can only put so much in blog. Our holiday season has started out wonderfully and I am sure it will get better. We are currently making our christmas list and we may post it so you all know what you can get us. Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Matt Clayton said...

I didn't know I was going to be blogged! Where was that model release form I was supposed to sign? :)

Kent and Leisy said...

oh how I miss fairy bell and matt c. I loved the post and I love the hair. Does it take forever to do? I'm afraid of it cause I just don't think I put enough effort into my hair to make it work. I'll keep close tabs on it over the break to check its maintenance level. great tree. it looks a lot like ours! hooray for colored lights.

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. those shoes are disgusting. did they kill a freaking alligator? ew. post the real shoes you guys bought.

JT & Lizzie Davis said...

Laney! Your hair cut is really cute! Adorable. And your christmas tree is fabulous. Don't you just love this time of year?! I hope everything at the MOA and gap runs smoothly! I am working retail this season too -- Ann Taylor Loft. It's pretty fun. Miss you!

Amy and Craig said...

LOVE the haircut! LOVE Taylor's shoes!! and did you know that I'm in yw's now too? I'm Beehive advisor! I finally graduated from primary(yeah, I kinda miss it, but I'm excited for a new age).

taylor and laney said...

leisy, how did you know that those weren't the real shoes? we will post some pics of the shoes later.

Home Grown Bean's said...

Laney-
First, I love the hair! Stylish, chic, and trendy.

Second, I am so bummed that those aren't the real shoes!

Your Cuz
Allie

Nate and Jessica said...

I am so glad people are addressing the shoe issue. I was not sure what to do about your choice...and wasn't sure if it was a joke. Please continue to include hilarious memories from our adolescenthood in your comments on my blog. VERY cute hair.

Jason & Shannon said...

At least you have a Christmas tree. We don't have one yet...

Kari Ann said...

I love the haircut!! It looks so cute on you! I am not surprised you are cutting hair, don't you do everything? So, are you still at the Gap? If I go there then maybe I can see you?

bmann said...

Hi Laney it's fun to see what you and your hubby are up to. Leisy stumbled upon our blog the other day and I got your info from hers. It will be fun to see how you guys are doing and to keep in touch.
Diane Dunn

charity said...

i love the hair!!

i miss you guys!

Heather said...

Colored lights?! What are you thinking Taylor, you may as well get a flocked tree! By the way, I love the hair, I forgot to mention in last Thursday, I was too busy thinking about this *&#@$%* knee that now hurts all the time.

Annie O said...

So where are the Thanksgiving photos you were to have sent to your mother? What kind of children forget about their commitments to their mothers? Shame, shame. I want to see Thanksgiving photos posted on her blog by tomorrow.

Grandma Howell