12.05.2007

A Carmen San Diego-less Christmas

So, this Christmas, I have had to do without one of my favorite Holiday Treats. During my junior year of high school, I purchased a Christmas Album by Rockapella. I thought, "Carmen San Diego meets Yuletide Cheer" is bound to be a hit. And for me it was. I know that McKenna may not agree with this, but often I would listen to this Christmas CD in the middle of July. The tunes were sweet, the harmonies tight, and they even had a version of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" with a wicked base line. But, alas, as I went to find it this year, it is nowhere to be found. I'm so distressed. I've tried to find all the songs on imeem, but I can only find one, which I have played for you. I keep checking through my CDs in hope that it will turn up, but I have yet to have anything come up. It is driving me crazy.

Luckily, to cure my men's ensemble fix, we got tickets to the MoTab Christmas Concert, with none other than the Kings Singers. Oooo. I am so excited. I guess if you can't have Rockapella, you'll have to settle for the Kings Singers. That contralto just gives me the chills sometimes.

6 comments:

Josh & Kenna said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kent and Leisy said...

Taylor - there is a good reason that you can't find that CD anywhere. I think it is the same reason that the only place you see those guys sing is the scera shell!

taylor and laney said...

Boo to that! You see them performing at other venues. And there's nothing wrong with the Scera Shell. I have seen America perform there ("I've been through the desert on a horse with no name") and Air Supply. Those are CHART TOPPERS.

Josh & Kenna said...

I hope you never find it!

Kent and Leisy said...

maybe your parent's chart toppers!!!

MEGS AND JENNER said...

Hi LAney, just wanted to say hi!
like your blog.
tell Taylor hello
happy holidays!