1.20.2008

so sorry we haven't been blogging.








I wish we had some exciting and incredible pictures or adventures to post, but we don't, so this picture of me at young womens will have to do. We went to dinner at Chilis last week. It was really fun, especially since the young women in the ward rarely have the opportunity to do things like this. Anyway...

we are sorry it's been awhile since we have blogged, we just have had an incredibly busy week which was quite uneventful. Really, I just studied all week. On thursday I had my "comps" thats the cool term for comprehensive exams. In the last semester of classes in grad school, every student has to take an exam that consists of three essay questions. The questions can come from anything covered in any of your course work over the past two years. It is kind of a hard test to cram for the last week, but I did all I could and I think I did quite well. We had four hours to take the test and twelve questions to choose from. I took all but ten minutes of the four hours and 11 typed single space pages later, I was done. I felt really good about the whole thing, it is a pass or fail test and we find out our scores at the beginning of march. They give our tests to 7 different professors who read our responses and they each give us a pass or fail and then they decide if we pass or not. Anyway, hooray for it being over!!!!










President Eyring came and spoke at devotional this past week and he was wonderful, I have never seen him so full of love. I know that sounds kind of weird but his message to us was so heart felt. He talked about being delivered from trials and especially the trial of losing a loved one. It was actually a really sad talk because it made worry about losing someone I love (like taylor!) but it was so comforting. He talked about how one of the greatest trials is that of losing a loved one and the sorrow and the lonliness and saddness that accompanies it, and how the savior can deliver us from that sorrow and lonliness just like he can deliver us from sin so that we can feel happiness again. I don't know why I was so touched by it, especially since I have never had anyone close to me pass away, and like I said before, I left the devotional thinking, I sure hope that wasn't preparing me for losing someone, but after talking to a lot of other people, I realized they all felt the same way. Anyway, if you can find the talk, I recommend listening to it.





This is one of my favorite pictures of taylor, it was in toon town this summer at disneyland. I am just posting it for fun. He is leaving on tuesday to go to texas with cousin steve. They are going to do some upholstry work in the houston temple. Taylor is leaving for five days, and I am a little worried. I know all you people who are reading this who have been married for awhile are thinking I am a crazy sappy person, but I am really sad about him leaving. We haven't been a part for this long since our first date! And I am not going to have anyone to warm the bed up for me at night or tickle my back until I fall asleep, and who am I going to hug and squeeze while he is gone? Not to mention I have horrible fears of him dying in an airplane crash. I know I am going to be just fine, but I really love him so much and I just don't know what I am going to do without him for a week. Who is going to help me pick out my outfits in the morning? I really am sad, and I wish he would just leave already so he can come back sooner. Everyone needs to pray for him that he will be safe in texas and in the air. People keep saying he will be safe since he is going to work at the temple, but it isn't a service project, he is getting paid for it, so I don't think he will have the blessings of doing temple work. anyway, I think many sleepless nights are ahead for me this week.

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I cried like a baby when Kent left for his med school interview out here. it was only for two days. It'll be bad.

Erin said...

That stinks being alone. The worst part for me was going to bed alone. Well, you can't come sleep with us, but you're welcome over for sherbet as a temporary fix! (And as a sidenote, we finally updated our blog).

Page said...

Ew, when Rick left on his first med school interview, I cried like a baby. By interview #7, it wasn't any easier. The good thing was, I got SO much done while he was gone because I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, images of his plane crashing went through my head. So, all night I filed papers in our house, cleaned, organized the baby's room, vacuumed out the car, etc. etc.

Nate and Jessica said...

I guess it's no surprise to you that I am a worrier. What am I thinking marrying a doctor in the Air Force!? Just play happy fun movies at night and stay busy and then fall asleep exhausted.

RC Watson said...

Tayloor! I am so excited to see that you and Laney have joined the blogging world! Who know, maybe you two have been members longer than James and me! Are you accepted to any law schools yet? Is that still the plan?

Kent and Leisy said...

so, maybe when the fetus reaches "baby" status you'll start blogging more?! come on!!!!!

Steve and Hailey said...

Okay so I tagged you. You can ignore it, if you like or check out our blog for the format.