2.27.2008

Stop! Is that poop on your lemon?

I keep reading this article all over the place, and hearing it on the radio and I have finally decieded to share my two cents about it. The article is all about the germs and things (including fecal matter) found on lemon slices that get put in your water glass at restaurants. At first I didn't think much of the story since I don't like lemons in my water but the more and more I read and hear the story, the more humorous it becomes. I don't understand the big deal. People have been drinking lemon water for decades and no one is sick yet, and I hardly think that lemons in your water are the dirtiest things we come in contact with in a given day. I say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. I think I may start requesting lemons in my water so I can expose myself to a few more bacterium and make my immune system stronger. Bring on the lemon slices! And while I am up on my soapbox- I think we all wash our hands a little too often. I understand the importance after a trip to the bathroom, but I think the rest should stop. Plus we can all help the environment a little by saving water.

4 comments:

A fan of lemons said...

Wow. Those lemons looks so good!! I love that you have lemons on your post!!

The De Souzas said...

Sick.

Kent and Leisy said...

I wholeheartedly agree. give the poor little unicellulites a break.

Amy and Craig said...

Okay, I hear you on the lemon deal. Craig is sadly against them since I sent him the video. I've been getting lemons for years and not trouble, although it's a little nasty to think it over. However, I believe in the power of washing my hands. I'm a little "matt lauer" about it anymore. I've just seen the difference it makes when we all wash our hands when we get home and after wiping our noses(especially with my kiddos). I want an honest update on that in a couple years after you're babies come along! :>