3.02.2008

happy anniversary to us! (a tad bit belated)








So we never posted about our anniversary, mostly because we weren't home for that weekend (Feb. 17th) and we never really got around to it, but it was definitely wonderful and post worthy. We had a wonderful anniversary. I really can't believe it's been a whole year, I know a year isn't all that long for everyone who has been married for years, but it was a great year. The best of my life thus far, and still all peaches and cream. Nothing hard yet. I have heard people in the past refer to their missions as the best years of their life, and all I have to say is that those people must have pretty bad marriages because marriage is leaps and bounds better than a mission. (Not that my mission wasn't great, but this marriage stuff is much easier and much better, and at least you get to choose your companion). Taylor got me two Bollywood movies for our anniversary, the two that we watched when we first started dating. They are really quite funny, the better of the two is Kal Ho Na Ho. We highly reccommend it.



We went to a little bed and breakfast for the weekend and didn't answer our phones or talk to anyone really at all. It was wonderful. When we got home we took the top layer of our wedding cake out of the freezer and ate it. It tasted surprisingly good. We even took some photos, and for all of you who don't remember our cake, I have posted a picture of the original. I loved that cake, it was my favorite part of the whole reception (except for taylor of course).









Happy one year anniversary to us. taylor wanted me to title this post "a year with my dear" I told him, no way. He also told me to post all about how much I love him, and that I can do. I have realized this past year, that I don't think there is anyone who could make me as happy as taylor does, and I never would have guessed it when I first met him (at the Gap of all places) but I am sure glad it all worked out. After we had been dating awhile he told me he was hesitant to ask me out at first since I was older (as if 25 was all that old) and not married, he thought I was desperate to find a husband and that I would want too much commitment right away. I laughed at him, especially since he was the one ready to marry me in the beginning and I was quite hesitant about the whole thing. Anyway, I sure am glad he persisted. I couldn't be any happier. I sure love you Taylor.

19 comments:

Hansen Household said...

Your cake is gorgeous!!! I love your photos too! Happy Anniversary too; I thought that first year was the hardest of the years so far, so good job!

Breanne said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love your wedding pictures! And your cake looked beautiful! The first year of marriage is great, but you will find the second even better, especially when you have your baby. You will look at Taylor with new eyes and love him even more!
Congrats!

Rachael said...

those are beautiful pictures, laney! happy anniversary. after our 7th, someone asked about the 7 year itch... i'd forgotten about that. I guess we passed another important milestone!

The De Souzas said...

I love your wedding pictures, especially the one with your shoes. And your cake looks amazing!

Amy and Craig said...

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for inviting us to your wedding last year! We ALL had such a wonderful time! I was really sad this year to realize that last year this time of year we were there with all of you! You're pix are so gorgeous!

Ryan said...

Laney! What's up. This is Ryan Whitaker. I stalked you down from Breanne's blog. Now I'm-a-go check out Leisy's

Happy Anniversary!

Kent said...

I had forgotten how pink your wedding was. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe in commemoration you can tie a big pink bow around your growing belly!! ;)

Deneal said...

What a spectacular cake, that is fantastic! Happy anniversary to you love birds, and congratulations on the upcoming addition as well.

Josh & Kenna said...

Happy Aniversary! Oh, and Ryan got an ear full in a message I left on the Starcrest answering machine. It was like the letter but with a few more swears. I don't think that guy likes me much, but I don't really care either way.

Kari Ann said...

Happy anniversary! Cute pictures! Your dress is gorgeous along with your flowers and your cake is so dang cute! And I didn't know that you were pregnant...congrats. I think we are due about the same time.

Nate and Jessica said...

I never even knew about the whole cake thing until after I was married for awhile. Why didn't anyone clue me in?

Kari Ann said...

Ya, we are pretty close, I am due July 15, so about a month apart(actually a month seems like forever when you are pregnant, at least to me). I don't know how you aren't finding out...are you hoping for one or the other, or is your husband? I am sure it is driving everyone crazy.

JT & Lizzie Davis said...

Wow - I can't believe its been one year! Congrats on a fabulous year and a wee one on the way. Are you expecting a boy or girl?

Kent and Leisy said...

toledoans love your cake.

B&B said...

Holy popular-you have so many comments! I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE your wedding cake-it is the coolest cake I've EVER seen! (It almost makes me want to get married again just so I can get me a cake like that!) Happy Anniversary!

taylor and laney said...

i also LOVED my cake! I designed it. i drew a picture of it and told the cake lady to make it, and she did!

Ace the Goat said...

I am having so much fun looking at your blog! Leisy found mine, and I have loved looking at hers too! Congrats on the pregnancy, and I love you cake!! I wanted an all pink wedding, but Jason insisted on green too. It all worked out...
Kodi Steele Peters

Kent said...

I think the trick to getting people to comment is using lots of pictures. When you announced you were pregnant is was in the middle of a really long post without many pictures. so the next blog request is a picture of Laney pregnant. I tried to get Daysa to snap a pic but she fears your wrath.

Joseph said...

Congratulations. I just put up a new post for you. Now I want a piece of cake.