3.11.2008

husband tag.


So I am not really into this tagging stuff but I am in desperate need of something to post. Life has been good lately, just nothing too exciting. But we are headed off to Ohio and Chicago this weekend so hopefully we will have some exciting pics to share.

I have also had requests for pictures of me pregnant and I am sorry to say I will not be posting any belly pictures unless I take one that is flattering of me, and since the chances of that happening are less likely than just about anything I can imagine, you probaby won't be seeing one. However, I am not opposed to just plain pictures of taylor or me so if you are lucky you may see of few of me pregnant. I am not a cute pregnant person. I just look kind of squatty.

Anyway, back to the husband post. This is for Leslie who tagged me.

1. What is your husband's name?
Daniel Taylor Hawes. I am greatly opposed using middle names as first names, especially when that is the plan from the beginning. Why not just use the middle name as the first name from the beginning to prevent confusion? It kind of bugs me that Taylor's name really isn't Taylor. When we first got married the doctor's office called and asked for Daniel and I told them they must have the wrong number and they said, this isn't the number for Daniel Hawes? And I realized my mistake and said, "oh yeah, that's my husband, let me get him."I am pretty sure they thought I was crazy. Anyway, sorry Leisy and Kent if I have offended you. It kind of bugs me that Zeb's name is really Charles and Zeb is the middle name. I kind of understand your reasoning since you couldn't break tradition but it still bugs me.

2. How long have you been married?
1 Year and 1 month

3. How long did you date?
a year

4. How old is he?
a very young 23. And I am going to be 27 in a week and half!

5. Who eats more sweets? ME! I am wearing off on taylor though. And if there are nutty bars or butterfingers involved, he outdoes me in an instant. but I am a sucker for chocolate and my new found love, girl scout cookies. They are the one and only thing I have really craved since being pregnant. The samoas, tag-alongs, and thin mints are all to die for. It is a darn good thing they only come out once a year.

6. Who said I love you first?
Taylor did. And I didn't say it back. It took me a while.

7. Who is taller?
Taylor, by 15 inches. I have to stand on the couch to kiss him or it hurts our backs. But I can wear heels for the rest of my life and never worry a bit. The only problem is, I rarely wear really flat shoes, because when I do, Taylor seems so far away.

8. Who can sing better?
Taylor. Hands down. I have almost no musical ability.

9. Who is smarter?
Taylor for sure, and mostly because he is willing to study harder and work harder at learning things which is a smart habit to have anyway.

10. Who does the laundry?
Both of us.

11. Who pays the bills?
Taylor for the most part. I don't really like paying bills. I'd rather spend money (which I am quite good at) but I don't like to see the bill.

12. Who sleeps on the right side?
Taylor sleeps on my right, we have tried to change it up but it doesn't work. We sleep each facing the walls, so bum to bum. Sometimes he gets is my way though and I push him to the edge of the bed. I think our only fighting goes on at night while we sleep. We fight over the blankets and bed space. We really need a bigger bed. Someday maybe.

13. Who mows the lawn?
We have no lawn to mow. But Taylor will probably do it. (if we ever have a lawn. taylor is in to this new urbanism thing and we may end up living in a row house somewhere where we share a park with the neighborhood, and then we won't have our own lawn to mow) But, Taylor claims that he really enjoys mowing lawns, and he says he loves the smell. I am sure I will do it on occasion. I quite enjoy it, it's a good excuse to get some sun in the summer time.

14. Who cooks dinner?
I do for the most part. Taylor normally studies or cleans the kitchen while I make dinner.

15. Who drives?
It depends on my mood. Taylor drives for the most part, but if I want to, I do.

16. Who kissed who first?
Taylor kissed me first, but I gladly accepted.

17. Who asked who out first?
Taylor asked me out first.

18. Who proposed?
Taylor of course.

19. Who has more siblings?
Taylor. He has 6 of them and 6 in laws. I only have 3 sisters and Kent.

20. Who wears the pants?
Good question. I think most people assume I do, but when I think about it, it is that way because Taylor just wants whatever makes me happy. So really, I think that gives Taylor the control. I guess we both wear the pants depending on the situation. We make all our decisions together. He is definitely the one who gets things done and gets us moving every day. If I could have my way, we would sit on the couch or in bed and snuggle all day.

7 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason & Shannon said...

Thin mints are my favorites! When I was little my mom wouldn't buy girl scout cookies. When I was in high school I had a friend whose mom would buy at least 10 boxes of thin mints and when I would go over she would tell me to take a box! So good! And, while we are speaking about thin mints, a girl at work went around selling them for her niece a few weeks ago, and they finally came!

The De Souzas said...

Thanks for doing it Laney. I wanted to learn more about you guys.

I can't believe I missed out on girl scout cookies!!! I could eat thin mints and samoas all day long. I'm sure I have before, actually.

And that's hilarious about the bed fights. I do the same thing to Paulo. It used to be that our bed was against the wall (separated from it by a space of about a foot, to minimize the odds of spiders in bed), and Paulo found himself sleeping in that crack many times, since I was pushing him around in my sleep. I had to be comfortable, sheesh! He didn't complain.

the Kprows! said...

So what you're saying is that you both wear the pants in the relationship.....So technically you are in one pant leg and Taylor is in the other, but I'm just wondering how you get around with Taylor's long legs? JK. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I refer to your hubby as Too Tall Taylor, but only cuz it has a nice ring to it. I can change it to Terrifically Tall Taylor if you want but it just doesn't roll of the tongue as well.

the Kprows! said...

One more thing. About the girl scout cookies, I just found out last year when I tried to order a box of SAMOANS that they are actually called samoas. I had been sneaking in an N in there and that changes the WHOLE meaning! How embarrassing.

Nate and Jessica said...

I don't believe that you are not a cute pregnant girl. I can't seem to upload my snow pictures. Those are the only pictures that wont work, it's weird.

Erin said...

I did a little research about Jasper Johns and was pleasantly surprised! You know so much about art. Maybe someday you could blog about some of your favorite art pieces of all time! (Not that I'm trying to give you homework or anything.)