3.31.2008

Yes, we are moving to Buffalo.


So according to Leisy, the pictures below are a bit confusing, and I agree, but I kind of liked taylor's post. I guess that according to Leisy, the Buffalo could be an American Bison, and the buffalo wings throw you off. But it is in fact a buffalo and according to Taylor, buffalo wings were invented in buffalo. I actually hate buffalo wings, I hate spicy things, and I hate meat with bones. I also don't think there are really very many buffalo in buffalo. The building however is the Buffalo city hall or something like that. So that is kind of cool.


We are very aware that Buffalo is cold in the winter (that is the first thing anyone says when we tell them where we are headed) and it snows a lot in the winter, but I am okay with that. I lived in Rexburg for two winters and then Estonia and Latvija for two winters. I am pretty sure I can handle buffalo. And winter weather doesn't actually get me down, I quite like it. I even like to run in the cold and the snow. I just hope this baby likes it too, because it will be coming with me. So we are headed off to New York in August sometime, we really have no idea when exactly. But we do know that we will be there for four years. Taylor starts grad school the 25th of August, he starts law school the next year, and then the last two years are a mix of both. We don't really understand how it works exactly, but we will find out soon I am sure. It's the combined degree MUP-JD. (Masters in Urban Planning and a Juris Doctorate).
I am almost done with my masters degree, I am finished with classes in April and then I have a thesis to write and defend. I will probably not finish that until December, I will enroll in thesis credits in the fall and then write and research for this summer and those months while we are in Buffalo. Our child will probably be slightly neglected for the first 6 months of its life, but it'll have a really cool mom with a masters degree!
Anyway, hooray for moving away. Not that we don't like it here in Orem and Provo, it's quite nice actually, but we are ready to get away and experience some change. I am also hoping to find some russians in Buffalo and make new friends. My russian is getting a little rusty and I am hoping new Russian friends will help me out.

12 comments:

B&B said...

Congrats on the decision. My least favorite part about moving to Rochester was people telling me over and over how bad the weather is here. A kid in my class from Buffalo taught me this interesting factoid.

The following is a complete sentence: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

So congrats on Buffalo.

yaya said...

Welcome to the wonderful East (almost)coast! Toronto used to be our Temple district so we've been through Buffalo many times. What a great excuse to see the padgent in Palmyra! Awesome. Well, you're welcome to stop and see us on your way out...Bytheway, has anyone warned Buffalo you're coming?

Joseph said...

I am jealous. Not of you living in Buffalo, because DC is better. I want a degree in urban planning.

Aaron & Kalle said...

Congrats, That is really awesome that you have been accepted into what you wanted to do. Tay you will do wonderful! Good luck, we hope to see you prior to you leaving the area. New York will be an adventure. Possibly we would visit some day in the future. Aaron always talks about wanting to see upstate New York.

Rachael said...

that's exciting news! It's so fun to get started with future plans you've been waiting on. That sounds like a REALLY cool grad program for Taylor! I'm really excited you'll be near Leisy and Kent and that you'll have some time out of Utah, as well. It sounds like things are coming together so well. Congrats!

Kent and Leisy said...

did I tell you that buffalo is the sister city to Tver? we ALWAYS wrote buffalo letters in our Tver English Club meetings (we always did service at these weird city hall English club meetings)! you should figure out where they were going--and then you can write to all of my friends in tver! they'd die.

JT & Lizzie Davis said...

How exciting! I'm happy for you guys! Sounds like a great plan ahead of you. Maybe we'll see you in the city sometime!

JT & Lizzie Davis said...

How exciting! I'm happy for you guys! Sounds like a great plan ahead of you. Maybe we'll see you in the city sometime!

Erin said...

Congratulations Taylor!!! We're super excited for your FUN move to New York, (but not cause we're trying to get rid of you). I'm glad you're not going until after you have the baby though!

Lindsi said...

That is exciting! Not so much for me, but for you guys it is! You will for sure be missed. Laney, Kim does have a blog. It is private (I'm not sure why) and so I will have her send you an e-mail inviting you. Peace out girl!

Ryan said...

We knew it! As soon as we saw Taylor's post, my wife said, "so they're moving to Buffalo?"

How exciting. Except have you heard that it's cold there in the winter? :)

Breanne said...

Congrats! It's amazing where everybody goes for school and the such. Do you remember Alexis Gustin from HS? She and her family are in Buffalo. She seems to love it out there :)