4.03.2008

Interesting Tiddly-bits

So, in light of the recent move, and in light of a previous comment, I have had a wonderful time researching the wonders of Buffalo. I've decided, as a regular installment on our blog, to incorporate interesting tid bits about our future home for four years. We shall start today.


The school I will be attending is SUNY-Buffalo (State University of New York at Buffalo) part of a New York's largest state university system, and Buffalo is the system's largest campus. The Buffalo site was started in the 1800's. The law school was started by Millard Fillmore, the 13th President of these, the United States. He started this school after practising law for a few years in the Buffalo region. There's a statue in Buffalo honoring him (we'll take a picture later).

Blah blah blah. Interesting, you say. Well, hold your horses. In the 4th grade, I had to do a report on the Utah counties. My assigned county was Millard County, names after than none other than, Millard Fillmore. (It was named such because the territory of Utah was trying to win votes in DC for statehood. I remember that. I also remember that Janessa Jackson did her report on Davis County and did a little dance about Lagoon and that Brad Butterfield did his report on Piute County, the smallest of Utah's counties.) Coinsidence that I'm going to be attending his school? I think not. Basically, Buffalo was fate for me.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

ha ha! I LOVE that you remembered what Janessa Jackson did her report on! She was so dreamy!

taylor and laney said...

Funny, Linds, but I think you may the only person who went to elementary with me. 4th grade was a VERY important time to me, and I remember much from that eventful year. I honestly didn't think anyone reading this would know who she was.

Kent and Leisy said...

so what was so VERY important about fourth grade, taylor?

Aaron & Kalle said...

Tay, I have a friend living in Buffalo going to dental school. If you would like I can help you get in contact with him. They could help you, he is actually a distant cousin of mine. His name is Creed, he is from Rexburg. Not to mention he would be a great friend when you get there.

The Davies Family said...

Hey there Laney.. we live in Buffalo if you need help finding a place to live or anything email me
alexisadavies@yahoo.com. We actually have some good friends going to lawschool there as well. Crazy! small world, i just came across your blog from someone else's.

The Davies Family said...

p.s. you will find lots of Russians here..its kind of a running joke about the 'russian mafia' and Buffalo at one time did have buffalo..and the buffalo wings are FABULOUS..best ever and I also don't like meat with bones. And only if you live in downtown buffalo do you get bad snow..otherwise you don't and you'll probably want to search around Williamsville/Amherst area its closer to UB.Anyway..do get in touch..we'd love to help out.

Kari Ann said...

That's pretty exciting. Sounds like fate to me. New York is seriously so neat! I would have loved to have lived there for a little bit, but now I never will since Brian is settled in his dream job here.

buhlersdayoff said...

hey! I just thought that I would check out your blog and see what you have been up to lately and noticed that you have my picture up...the bison. j/k that is so exicting that you are moving to Buffalo!! How far away is that from Leisy? Anyway this is Sarah Asay Buhler. email me...buhlersdayoff@gmaildotcom

Kent and Leisy said...

new post new post new post