5.07.2008

our not so exciting lives.


I don't have much to blog about but we are in desperate need of a new post. Taylor and I are heading off to Capitol Reef National Park this weekend for some hiking and camping, so hopefully we can post some great pics on Sunday but until then, you won't be getting much.

Graduation was last week, and taylor graduated! hooray for that. (we didn't take any pics, so we will have to get them from taylor's mom and dad and then we can post them) and hooray for no more homework for taylor all summer. Hooray for summer! Taylor's summer jobs (other than his real job at lehi) is to get us ready for the baby, find us a place to live in Buffalo, take care of the baby, and then get us ready to move. He has started on the crib, and we are excited to share before and after pics once it is done, we just hope it is ready in time for the baby. We have five weeks to go if it comes when it is supposed to. I went to the doctor yesterday and he tells me I have to go every week now (he also told me that I have a perfect uterus!), I asked him if I could maybe just come back in two weeks instead since there aren't any problems, he said no. I think I may try and call to reschedule anyway. Doctor's appointments are incredibly boring. You pee in a cup, he takes my blood pressure, and he weighs me. I can do all that at home or at the grocery store (you know those blood pressure things in the pharmacy). Yesterday I asked my doctor if there is anyway to actually injure the baby when I exercise because in spinning yesterday we did these crazy sprints and every time I pedalled my legs around they hit my belly and the baby kept pushing back into my ribs. He says I am probably okay. I just wonder if a baby can get shaken baby syndrome in the womb. Anybody know? I guess it is a good sign that the baby pushes back, it means it's still alive.

9 comments:

Erin said...

If you're peeing in a cup at the grocery store . . . ;) Oh well, good practice for camping.

Josh & Kenna said...

Camping? 8 months pregnant? Sick. I loathe camping. Loathe.

Wow, the prefect uterus? So it does exist. Good to know.

The De Souzas said...

Laney, you kill me. I can't believe you're trying to get out of your doctor appointments and that you're doing sprints in spinning and that you're going hiking and camping. I don't think anyone could have PAID me enough to do any of those things during the last month of my pregnancy.

Josh & Kenna said...

First off, we are having a 'party.' On the 17th, at 7 (I told Taylor) at our lawn, bring your own chair/blanket. We are having cake and ice cream. My bday is on the 16th.

I wish I could schedule the times I want for the brain doc, but he is booked 6 months out so whenever they get me in I take it.

The De Souzas said...

Two weeks ago I was sick and last week we went to a baby blessing. We'll be there on Sunday though! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

he told me the same thing about my uterus. he probably says that to all of his patients (or we have identically perfect uteri). Camping at eight months isn't bad at all-- but you best find out where he nearest hospital is. You are almost full term and you could go into labor at any moment. oh, and your baby isn't going to get shaking baby syndrome. It's aqueous environment should protect it.

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. I rated your entry as a one on accident. I was trying to figure it out and it just went. really I'd give it three stars.

AnnMarie said...

Laney, It's AnnMarie (Sister Valentine). I found your blog just looking through others' and I had to look and see what you have been doing. Congrats on the expectant baby. The baby will not be short on laughs. Looks like you are doing well. When is your baby due? Don't worry about shaking your baby, he/she? is in there swimming around in plenty of water, so spin away.
AnnMarie

Naomi said...

Laney, you are by far the coolest pregnant woman I have ever met!!!