5.18.2008

spring cleaning!


This weekend was wonderful. I Had the day off of work on Saturday, and taylor and I got all sorts of great things accomplished. We finally decided to get some things ready for a baby to come (seeing as how its coming fairly soon) We have three weeks left and I am hoping it comes a little late, but my doctor tells me it could be here anytime now. We started with cleaning out the back bedroom and getting the crib sanded and partially painted. Taylor is going to work on the crib the rest of this week and we hope to finish it soon. We chose some great fabric we are going to put in the end panels of the crib, and I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product once we are done.

While cleaning our back bedroom, taylor and I were going through some stuffed animals and we found the greatest stuffed animal ever made, Kent's half-finished sadly armless and slighlty distorted sock monkey that he made and gave me for Christmas the first year he and leisy were married. I think it will be our child's first toy. We have posted a picture here for you all to see it. Thank you kent!





On saturday morning, taylor and I also decided to go out in search of a changing table. We headed to the D.I. and got there right as it opened and we found one! It was a second hand store miracle. And we are darn lucky we got there early because word on the street is that stuff like that never lasts long at the Provo D.I. So we bought a white changing table for $25, we thought it was a little pricey for the D.I. but we bit the bullet and we are quite happy with our purchase. We cleaned it up and put it in the room and covered it with all the toys and stuffed animals we own. It has shelves on the inside and we are going to go buy some baskets to put inside. we love it and we hope baby does too.



I'd like to say we are now a bit more prepared for the arrival of a child, but really I think we are going to need a heck of a lot more than a changing table. We really hope it doesn't come sooner than later. We have too much to do before June! We are however prepared for winter, we do have blankets! Thank you grandma Oswald! It's weird to think that my grandma is going to be a great-grandma to this baby, great grandmas are wonderful! and we love the blankets and all the bright colors. They will come in handy in Buffalo! thank you thank you thank you.



10 comments:

Rich and Kellie said...

um can you please come to my house and hang out with me and then maybe some of your sass will rub off on me...and p.s. thanks for the butt smackin reception into relief society today...LOVE IT!

Kent and Leisy said...

you CANNOT let your child play with mr. teddy- he is disgusting. The sock monkey, on the other hand, is fabulous and the perfect toy. The changing table is a di miracle- NO baby items that good stay at di longer than a few hours- and for 25 dollars nonetheless! you'll love the storage space.

The De Souzas said...

Wow, lock your door because I'm tempted to come steal that changing table. I thought I could easily get by without one, but I was WRONG. I would kill for one, even now. So like I said....lock your door.

Oh, and you do know that the plastic bag dispenser on the far right of the changing table isn't a toy for Mini-Hawes, right?

Nate and Jessica said...

DI's furniture is always WAY overpriced. It's so strange.

LauraJ said...

Hey, if you have a changing table, a chair to sit in to feed the baby, blankets and diapers - you are pretty much set for at least the first couple of weeks of life :)

As for Great Grandma's - they are fabulous! One of my Grandma's said to me, "You know, I was a whole lot more lenient with you guys than I was with my kids...but great grand children - they take it to a new level" I think it is so neat when they get the chance to meet the Greats!

Good luck with everything!

~*Tessa*~ said...

Woah its my favorite set of twins!!!!
:) its me Tessa :). I miss you guys!!!
I am on here to. :)...

Tessa

The De Souzas said...

Hey thanks for telling Susan about my changing-table covetousness! Now I have one too. :)

Kari Ann said...

How fun! Three weeks?...I am jealous. The changing table is great, maybe I should do something to prepare huh?

Mark and April Sullivan said...

I can't wait for your big day!! My advice about the delivery is to not fight your contractions... just work with them and relax as much as possible... you'll be great! Your blog makes me laugh out loud. I love that!

Matt Clayton said...

I have a testimony of D.I. and I'm not even kidding.