6.26.2008

baby hank is growing.



Here is our baby hank. We went to the doctor this week and Hank gained more than a pound. He is 8'2 now and he isn't quite so little and squishy any more. And he actually stays awake for more than 10 minutes at a time now. I have not yet decided if this is a good or bad thing. The more he is awake, the more attention he demands. He is already trying to get us to hold him all the time and we are trying to teach him that he should be happy without being held.



Life with a baby has been somewhat interesting and somewhat boring. Hank tries to make it exciting by throwing up often. He doesn't just spit up, he has this problem where he projectile vomits at least twice a day. This kid can throw up across the room but he always seems to do it in the middle of the night all over our bed- dang kid. But he isn't unhappy and he doesn't seem to be in pain, so we just keep letting him throw up. He has gained plenty of weight so we know he is eating enough.

15 comments:

Kim said...

He is so stinking cute you guys! I need to come meet this little guy in person. He is adorable.
Love ya, kim crane

Page said...

He got out of the ugly newborn stage really quickly! He is really cute... and I don't just say that about any baby.

Emily Shaw said...

He has such a sweet face! he's going to be a heart breaker when he gets older!

Annie O said...

Ditto what everyone else said. But then I'm biased.

So what's the plan for the baby blessing next week?

Whit said...

He is so cute you guys - I didn't even know that you already had him. Congrats! Aren't they so much fun!? Other than at three in the morning throwing up.

I will say that he is a very handsome little man.

Eliza said...

So handsome...

MommaMcCarthy said...

If our boy is half as cute as yours, I will be soo pleased.

Projectile vomiting? Can't wait!

The De Souzas said...

Whoa, I have totally seen Taylor make that exact same face in the second picture. Something about that right eyebrow, I think.

Jason & Shannon said...

He is SOO Cute!

Kent and Leisy said...

I think he loooks a tad like zeb in the last picture.

Nate and Jessica said...

See? You had a cute baby. We all knew you would. By the way, Healthy Sleep Habits is my sleep bible. And I love Good Night, Sleep Tight. (I think that is the name) Hopefully he will just be a good sleeper and you wont need them much.

Megs and Brad said...

Oh man, what a total babe! Seriously, you guys do good work! And also, who picked the name Hank? I think that is so cute!

chiggy said...

O.K. Laney--I have to see this kid in person and I want to see you before you leave town. I have called you a couple of times but I can't leave a message. When can I come? He is too cute. I must hold him. You are such a cute new Mom!!!

Amy and Craig said...

I can see both of you in this pic of hank. Taylor used to projectile vomit too. Just make sure it's not piloric stenosis and you'll be fine. It is a pain too. Especially considering Katie NEVER spit up!!

b.lowe said...

Laney! (I just came across your blog!) I had no idea you had a baby! What a handsome, handsome boy.