6.03.2008

one week from today.


So the baby is due in a week from today my doctor tells me. He switches back and forth between the 10th and the 11th, but today at our visit he said the 10th (not that it really matters much). Anyway, so Dr. Mower is a nice man and although the exam he did today hurt like crazy, I have decided that I still quite like him. He raved about my wonderful cervix, he said it was very favorable (whatever that means), I think he was more excited about it all than I am. I feel like a walking time bomb, and I really hope to not have this baby this week. However, I am getting slightly uncomfortable at bedtime and in spin class. This morning I felt like there was a small head jamming into my pelvis with every pedal stroke. I got excited just thinking about going to the gym someday in the near future without this baby inside of me. I think I have forgotten what it feels like to exercise without a bump on my belly.
 Anyone want to take a guess as to the gender? My doctor thinks its a boy. 







Anyway, onto exciting news, Taylor and I had some great luck this week, we found a place to live in Buffalo! Well it wasn't really luck, we actually owe it all to some people we have never met, but that we hope to soon meet- a family in Buffalo who found our blog found the apartment for us (thank heavens for mormons and blogging I guess) Anyway, thank you McIntiers! The apartment sounds great, it's the second level of a house, it has three bedrooms, and a front and back porch. It is supposed to be a really neat house, and it is across the street from the Buffalo Zoo! They say you can see some of the animals from the porch. We haven't actually seen it, but we feel pretty good about it, and the best part is, the landlord isn't making us sign into a lease so if we hate it, we don't have to stay!  We looked it up in Google earth and it looks like a neat neighborhood from what we could see, and the houses are all really neat and old looking. And it has washer and dryer hookups! Anyway, we sure feel blessed and excited. 

13 comments:

Josh & Kenna said...

Wow, first the perfect uterus now the favorable cervix. The gods of reproduction sure have smiled upon you, haven't they?

UsedToBeDay said...

Whatever the sex, I think we should encourage our kids to be pen-pals :)

Mel said...

So soon! I'm excited to meet the little one! I think it'll be a boy, too. And congrats on the place in Buffalo.

By the way, I was very excited to get on your blog and hear new Coldplay. I can't wait for the CD to come out.

Kent and Leisy said...

i say boy just so that zeb has a playmate.

autumnbottom said...

You're just now "getting" uncomfortable?! At only 28 weeks i'm cursing everytime i have to turn over in bed for the pain it will cause to go shooting through my hips. Bah!

Nate and Jessica said...

I think it will be a hemaphrodite or however you spell it.

Ilene Holt said...

Hi Laney! It's Ilene Dixon Holt here. Congrats on the whole baby thing! I hope it's okay that I tracked you down. Anyway, I think it's a girl!

The De Souzas said...

Just saw the good news on Leisy's blog. Congrats on baby boy Hawes!! Remember how we were JUST talking yesterday about how you weren't in a hurry to have your baby? HA! Can't wait to meet him.

Kent and Leisy said...

I so knew it was a boy.

Mike and Carly said...

YAY! You have a baby boy!!! I am so excited for you guys and I wish I was there to see him! Give him kisses for me! Oh, and how exciting about having a place in Buffalo! Congrats all around!

Erin said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Kari Ann said...

Yea! congrats, it's a boy! I bet Zeb has been waiting for him to come and join him. I am so excited for you!

Jason & Shannon said...

Jason and I like both of the names you had on the board. Jason said you should name him Henry, so he can have two nick-names; Hank, and Indy. Beautiful (or should I say handsome) baby! Oh, and Laney, you look amazing!