7.01.2008

Lehi Roundup Rodeo 5k



We ran the Lehi 5k on saturday with the family. (leisy, kent, mom, metta, & my mom's friend) It was quite enjoyable- I ran a pathetic 10 minute mile pace which may not seem all that slow until you realize that when I ran the st. george marathon two years ago, I ran a faster pace. I felt like I should have been wearing a t-shirt that read, "I am not normally this fat or slow, I just had a baby three weeks ago." Anyway, nonetheless it felt good to run again without feeling like I was going to pee my pants with every step. After the race there was a big raffle and our family made out like banshees, four of us won prizes out of 30 prizes and 400 names in the raffle! It's the Oswald luck. Hoorah for good luck.




Anyway- life with baby Hank continues to be somewhat the same-not yet too exciting. But he continues to sleep well at night and he continues to grow. He also continues to throw up on us regularly. The baby barf doesn't bother me much but for some reason he always chooses to puke on taylor when we are out and about and it drives taylor crazy. I just told him that he needs to get used to having puke stains all over his clothing. I think Hank is getting ready to puke on taylor in this picture.

9 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Ya! I definitely think a 10 minute mile is good... (this coming from someone who hasn't gone on a run in like 3 years.) Very impressive for just having a baby! I love all of little Henry's pictures! He is sooo cute!

Jeff & Whitney said...

Let's be honest, you kind of make me sick sometimes. You already ran a race?? Sheesh! Plus, can I get some of that Oswald family luck? Not fair! :) Way to go! Sounds like a fun day!

Susan said...

You ran a 5k after 3wks post partum!! That is awesome!!

autumnbottom said...

Way to go mama! I think you look AMAZING!

Kent and Leisy said...

you did run kinda slow. that pic of hanky is super cute.

Mike and Carly said...

Avery was a projectile spit-upper too. It didn't really stop till she was sitting on her own... 5 months. Sometimes she would get better but for the most part all of our clothes were stained with spit up. If I had somewhere to go I would put on a pre-outfit and than change right before we left... Oh and anytime Ave was in her carseat, you better believe she drenched it in spit-up. I am so glad those days are over.

Oh and you are crazy for running. I would be afraid that I would rip my stitches open or something...

jenny said...

i'm so glad i ran across your blog-!!

the baby is gorgeous-!! congratulations-!! =)

Lindsi said...

Laney and Taylor! Baby Hank is beautiful! Who new you two could have a cute child?!?! Love you all!

Rebecca said...

Hey Laney!! It's Becca here...hey work of advice whether you want to hear it or not; Sarah threw up like that. Found out she had acid reflux. She gained weight fine, but we got her on prevacid and had her sleep with her mattress slanted and it was amazing results! The throwing up eventually went away after a year...but nobody, (not even Mike), wanted to hold her because of the instant projectile vomiting. Anyway, maybe you should look into it. It will change your life...maybe.
Love ya! We'll miss ya!
Becca Shirts