8.30.2008

Buffalo wings, bathtime, & bedtime

Today we went to the place where Buffalo wings were born. In all honesty I had always wondered why spicy chicken wings were called buffalo wings. I was never dumb enough to wonder if buffalo really had wings, I just didn't get it. Now I do. However, I don't understand all the excitement surrounding them, they weren't all that good- Taylor seemed to somewhat enjoy them, I'm just not into fried bone-in chicken. However, if any of you come to visit, we will take you to the Anchor Bar so you can say you have tasted Buffalo wings in their birthplace.
Anyway- and back to what more or less consumes our lives: (except for those wondrous hours he sleeps) baby Henry. He's obbsessed with bathtime and he looks really cute in his duck towel.

Baby Henry has also mastered scooting around in his crib, however, he can only scoot one direction and everytime he sleeps he ends up squished into the corner with his head plastered up against the bars. Poor little guy. Sometimes we even find his leg and arm hanging out. But it doesn't seem to phase him except for the red mark across his forehead that lingers for an hour or so after naptime.

12 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

it's a tie between zeb and hank, but dang you guys make super cute babies!! really good tempered too! wingers has the best wings, we know we've tried them all over! :>

Nate and Jessica said...

I promise your little pay it forward gift is coming!

MommaMcCarthy said...

I so agree about the buffalo wings thing... not that i've had them in the birth place, but I can imagine it's as exciting as going to the KFC on state street in SLC- anticlimactic.

I love how happy Henry looks in the tub. bliss.

Kent and Leisy said...

those wings look baaad. please don't take us there when we visit.

yaya said...

Hey Laney, Hope you're enjoying your new home! Now for the yaya advice. The crib need some bumper pads kiddo. Please come visit next time you're in the Ohio! That baby is a cutie by the way.

Janna Mills said...

man you guys i love the videos of your apartment! it's so cute! it's making me excited to move into a cute little apartment... TOMORROW! :S

Steve and Hailey said...

LANEY! Come home! They changed the parking stalls at Gold's Gym. They aren't on an angle anymore. This was so disturbing for me that I nearly called you.

We called Jack "baby Hank" tonight and he laughed and laughed.

I'm glad you'll be back by the 16h! No working at the Gap over Christmas break.

Lindsi said...

Laney, I had a dream about you last night. We were at some weird apartment and I didn't expect you to be there. I walked in and you were standing there and I got REALLY excited! I ran up and tackled you onto the couch and then I started crying out of excitement and missing you. I woke up right at that point and I woke up feeling excited and like my blood pressure was higher from adrenaline. It's a sign Laney. It's been so long since I have seen you and I won't see you for another long amount of time. It was a nice dream.

Lindsi said...

I meant pulse was faster from adrenaline, not blood pressure higher. I am so weird sometimes.

xanthoman said...

Man, Hank is cute!

Susan said...

I agree about buffalo wings, the whole bone in thing doesn't do it for me either. And because it can't not be said, your baby is too cute!

Robert Jaynes said...

I LOVE Buffalo Wings, just discovered them a while ago. I have never been to the Anchor Bar, but when one of my co-workers retired, (he's from Buffalo), we had a whole box of them shipped down here from that restaurant and enjoyed them!