8.21.2008

The Dining Room and Kitchen

To make this faster, and less boring because our rooms are so barren, I've combined the next two rooms in the house. The kitchen is great. A huge improvement from our last kitchen, where our washer doubled as a countertop. All I wanted when I got here was more counterspace, and, though, not by much, we got. The best part about all of the ceilings fans in this house and all the door frames is that I do not even have to worry about nicking my head on them. They clear my head by a good 6 inches. I think that I'll stop doing that automatic duck every time I go through a door. I'm still debating as to whether this is a good thing or not.

video

Life without Laney continues to be so boring. Hank is cute, but just not good company. He sleeps/cries throughout most of the day and never talks back, at least not intelligibly. Though he is playing smiling games with me now which is cute. Hank is not as good as a cuddler. Laney doesn't poop, puke, or pee on me (all three of which happened today) and Laney doesn't wake me up screaming for food. Sigh. I miss her and Saturday can't come soon enough.

One more thing, the windows were cleaned today. The cleaner guessed that the last time they were cleaned was 10 years ago. They came and just scraped off years of grit and gunk. Gross. The house is just sparkling and the glass it the old kind of glass that isn't all the way even. I learned about it once in Chemistry, how glass not really a solid but a really super cooled liquid and that over time, the shape changes. Well, before I just nodded my head in humble obedience to Mr Hummer but now, I can say "I have witnessed for myself." Another aspect of this house that just wins me over.

7 comments:

Lindsay B said...

Love it love it love it! :) Miss you guys though!

Mel said...

Oh, my gosh. Hank is the cutest thing ever. I have no idea how you could possibly bore of him.

I loved the tour, too! Your house seems really nice. Thanks for the close up of the door knob. I needed it.

Amy and Craig said...

cool house! I'm sure we'll be up some time in the future to see it in person! Lots of room and character! you'll fill it up faster than you can believe! I feel your lonely pain! Give hank some love from the sparkey's!

Erin said...

What a find! I love it - orange walls and all. 1 more day . . . good luck!

Lindsi said...

Your walls are orange! Remember how I love orange as much as Laney loves Pink! I'm still waiting for Laney to find a book called orangalicious. I think your kitchen is AWESOME, duh to the Orange walls. It looks like a good find of a house though. I miss you all!

autumnbottom said...

I'm so so so glad that Laney doesn't puke, poop, or pee on you. That would just be grossly inappropriate...

brie said...

Wait. You have a baby??