9.05.2008

I almost gave Henry away today

We went on a drive this evening after our walk was cut short by a rain storm and Henry was as bad as can be. I don't think he has ever been so bad. He screamed and screamed and screamed. I almost smothered him with a blanket. Then I remembered how cute he had been earlier on our walk (as you can all see below) and I loved him again. And I decided that next time we go on a drive we will just leave the kid at home.
We also went to Canada today. We only live about five miles from Canada. The beaches of the Great Lake Erie in Canada are better than America's. It was beautiful. We were going to swim but it was a bit too chilly.



Taylor and Henry quite enjoyed their first trip to Canada. For any of you who come visit, we will take you to Canada too! Just remember your birth certificates, passports, or state issued id!


We have decided that in the next few weeks or so we will give you a tour of our neighborhood. This sign below is to peak your interest and get you all excited for future posts. We live in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods you could ever imagine. We even have a Frank Lloyd Wright House around the corner.






14 comments:

Bri or Aaron said...

Holy cow Laney!! I knew you'd have a blog. It's good to know that things are good with you. You have such a cute family! Keep in touch!

Bri or Aaron said...

So your in Buffalo. We have some friends there...Jeff and Abbey, and Kalisa and Ed. Jeff was my husbands roommate in college and Kalisa was my roommate 6 months before we were roommates. They are awsome and love Buffalo.

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks so beautiful! Poor little Hank-a-nator! Was he scared? Jack was talking about baby Hank today and Laney and Taylor. He woke up from his nap saying there was a big spider in his crib. I think he had a spider dream because we looked at big Halloween spiders today. He says spider in the cutest little way. Remember to still miss me! :)

Erin said...

Good job not disowning the cranky baby, and hallelujah for those cute moments. Just have the giraffes keep an eye on him next time you go out.

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm going to throw a bottle with a message into lake erie here and you guys can look for it on your shores.

Mel said...

Hahaha. You guys are so funny. How could you not love Hank's little face, even when it's screaming? I'm excited for the neighborhood tour AND I would like to go to Canada when I visit.

Amy and Craig said...

It's so fun to see more of your new place and your new guy! I know what you mean about the crying and the smothering and the leaving the kid at home part. Life would be great with a live-in nanny. I miss evening walks with Craig. They aren't the same with a kid on a scooter and a kid on a bike (who can't steer). That's okay, someday I'll miss the kid(or so they say).

Kent and Leisy said...

you've got to post a new post or change that picture of the wailing hank! I can't stand crying babies.

Nate and Jessica said...

I love how you like to ruffle feathers and talk about giving Hank away. I sent your little package today.

Breanne said...

This is just the beginning of wanted to disown your child. But just remember that the positives outweigh the negatives :) And take it one day at a time.

JenLee said...

Laney -

I love your blog! Say hello to Canada for me the next time you're there! And please don't give Henry away!!

Love,
Jen (at the moa)

Heidi Willis said...

Hey Laney! Hannah emailed me a link to your blog. SOOO FUN! I loved seeing what you are up to.

I have to tell you, Kate LOVES Pinkalicious! It is her favorite book. She won't go down for a nap until she gets it read to her. She even knows how to pick it out of her bookshelf (even though I change its location). And she usually insists on reading it at least twice. If I choose another book she hurries and closes it and points at Pinkalicious making urgent noises!

Philip Oswald said...

Don't even joke about that. I'll take Henry P.

XXOO Nannie Annie

Steve and Hailey said...

Hello! Hey no one ever stops by to talk to us. We have been missing you guys! Jack got rid of the mimis and he has been doing so well (although he is sad).