9.22.2008

Welcome to the world of solid foods little Henry!

If Henry could talk, I imagine he would tell everyone that we starve him to death- because he sure acts like it. He started waking up in the middle of the night this week to eat, and he yells and screams during the day until we feed him. So instead of dropping him off at the nearest fire station and giving him away (you know, it's legal to do that until they are six months) we decided to try and feed him real food (not that any of us consider rice cereal real food). Henry is in love. He ate every last bit I fed him today. I don't really know how much to feed him and the box doesn't say, so I just fed him a little bowl of the nasty stuff and when we finished he wasn't happy. As you can see below, I think he wanted more.



I have also included a few more pictures below for Leisy who claims she has forgotten what he looks like because I don't post enough. He has taken to sucking on his hand quite well- we are hoping it becomes a wonderful substitute for a binky since he won't take one!










7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

he is chunking out quite nicely! thanks for the pics.

Melanie said...

he is sure cute! i was so excited to feed Ciella the first time! But if i remember correctly she screamed the whole time! lucky me...

Jason & Shannon said...

The second picture just makes me laugh. So cute!

Amy and Craig said...

He's so cute! I love the first two pix. especially how he's holding hte spoon like he's begging for more! I hope and pray our next kid is an eater.

Mel said...

It's sort of the way Taylor looks when deprived of show tunes for too long.

Just kidding, Tay. I don't know if you're even still into that.

Hank is such a little cutie! Can't wait to see him when you guys visit over the holidays!

Annie O said...

oooooh he's so cute!

Big Oaf said...

It sure is nice when a kid opens up at meal time. Sara sometimes eats like a bird, meaning it's hard to get the spoon past her rapidly flapping arms without cereal, soup, yogurt and spoon flying off somewhere. We usually get one good meal a day and the other two are a battle during which I find myself repeatedly channeling Grandpa D, "WATCH THE PANTS!" Hopefully he stays regular when on the rice, it really seems to block up our kids.