10.22.2008

It's freezing!




It snowed here last night- only little blustering snow- but snow nonetheless. The high yesterday was 41. Our house is an ice box. When I took little Henry out of the bath yesterday steam was rising from his head. We wanted to wait til November to turn our heat on, but we may not make it. We just try and keep little Henry warm. He loves his little bouncer- and I think all the bouncing helps keep him warm. We try and bake lots of things in the oven too- it really warms up the the house. We started up our fireplace last night too, but unless you stand right in front of it, it doesn't really make us any warmer. All the heat goes up the chimney. Who knew that real fireplaces were so ineffective.


Here are some more pictures of our cute baby. It's weird to see how fast he is growing. We finally found a doctor here and we are going in for his 4 month checkup on Nov. 14th. By then he will be well over 5 months. But such is life- it's the only time they could fit him in. Boo to immunizations. I really hate being there for the shots. Granted, I have only done it once, but that was enough.

8 comments:

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Fireplaces can be pretty ineffective unless you have one that is efficient and has a blower on it. We use a wood burning stove as our main source of heat and it is wonderful. So much warmer than a furnace...we love it, and I love seeing the fire burn throughout the day...soooo cozy!

Kent and Leisy said...

you finally posted! the picture in the bouncer is really really cute. and although the sleeper in pic two prob keeps hanky nice and warm- I don't think that I could hold him while he wore it. that type of fleece makes my hands cringe. I just hate fleece.

Nate and Jessica said...

A ROUS! What a find! Makes me think of all the movies we used to watch...Deceived, Memphis Belle...

Amy and Craig said...

it does suck to have to hold the kid down for shots. Craig has yet to witness it. maybe with this kid I'll make him do all those appts. So far I can't tell that they hold it against me though.

Jeff and Whitney said...

Okay I think these pictures are some of the very cutest I have ever seen of Henry! What a cute! I especially love the one of him on the couch in his pj's with feeties!

Janna Mills said...

look at his little mittens!! haha! oh i miss you guys.

Susan said...

Stinks about the cold. Hank sure is a cutie though.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, the shots don't get any easier! It's the thing I mostly dread with kids! I wish my husband would take a turn! Maybe he'd better appreciate them!...and me! :) You're looking good Laney! That's awesome you're still gung-ho with exercising! Love, Becca