10.13.2008

Our baby can yell

Little Henry learned to yell this past week. I caught a snippet of it on video. It's kind of cute but mostly annoying. Sometimes he does it at the grocery store- heaven only knows what it is he wants. Sorry the video is sideways, we couldn't get it straight. Don't worry, you aren't missing anything, the yelling still sounds the same. And he is just as cute as ever.






A few weeks ago (when Leisy and Kent were here) we went to an estate sale and bought an aluminum fish jello mold. The woman we bought it from informed me that back in the 60's (or sometime around then) no housewife was a proper housewife without a good jello mold. She asked us if we were actually going to make jello in it. I informed her that we would (little did she know that I had just moved from Jello Capital USA). I also informed her that I wanted to make a fish cake. She told me that I couldn't bake in aluminum. I told her that I would look it up on the Internet to see if I actually could, she then informed me that I didn't need the Internet because she was 60 something years old and she knew that you can't cook in aluminum. Anyway, I came home and looked it up on the Internet and sometime in the next few weeks or so, we will be posting a picture of a fish cake, because turns out, you can bake in an aluminum jello mold. And turns out, I am now a proper housewife. (However, Taylor did make the jello pictured above so maybe he is the proper housewife).

Lastly, an explanation of this picture.
Last week Henry was being fussy so I put him to bed. Normally when he is fussy it means nap time. He normally cries for a few minutes and then falls sound asleep. Well last week he kept screaming and screaming, so 15 minutes later I went to go check on him- and this is what I found! His little face was covered in blood and so were his sheets. I was quite alarmed at first- and I thought that maybe little Henry had the Ebola virus and was throwing up his insides. I cleaned his face and mouth and found no trace of a bleeding wound. I thought maybe he had thrown it up (which is always bad news for a little baby) so I waited a few minutes for him to throw up again (which he promptly did. the kid is more predictable than old faithful) and the spit up was white as can be. I considered calling the doctor (but then I realized we don't yet have one) so I did what any good mother would do- I gave him a bath to calm him down and clean him up, and then I put him back to bed. I also called Taylor and then Leisy for their advice and the consensus was that it must be nothing. I still don't know what happened, my guess is that he scratched the inside of his mouth. But the little guy is still alive and well.

9 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

It doesnt even look like a fish. I cant see the fish.

Kent and Leisy said...

zeb woke up bloody a few times- especially when he was teething. He looks pretty chunky and happy to me so I wouldn't worry much about it.

Page said...

A couple of times, Carson has bled from a scratch in his ear. Like, I've found a tiny scab on the inside of his ear that produces a little puddle of blood on his sheets. Just an idea.

Jason & Shannon said...

Scary, way to go with the jello fish mold! Haha, 60 year old woman telling you you can't cook in an aluminum! Haha, I love it.

Annie O said...

He's SO cute but please do not post any more pictures of blood. That's disgusting. But, if you lived here I would suggest it might be a bleeding nose which you and Leisy had a lot of.

And, even if you don't use the jello fish mold for food, it would make a lovely wall hanging.

Love ya,

Nannie Annie

P.S. Did you get my package?

The De Souzas said...

Blech, that fish mold jello looks scary! Best case scenario, it looks like a curved spine. Worst case--well, use your imagination. And as for the bloodiness, that is so scary! At least to me it would be. Knowing my paranoid self, I probably would have called 911. And then they would have looked at me like psycho freak out mom, sent me home, and billed me $1000. Soooo, you probably did the right thing. :)

Melanie said...

seriously diggin the fish mold. you can find such "treasures" at garage and estate sales cant ya...

Steve and Hailey said...

Hey I recognize the yelling. It's not actually yelling though. It's more like squealing or squeaking and you and Leisy do that all the time! You wonder where he gets it? hehehhehe. Don't forget that you still miss us! Steve is leaving Jack and I from the 15th of Nov to the 24th. Come visit me!!!!

Jeff and Whitney said...

Okay the jello mold is weird, but I am glad that you are now both domestic housewives! Who makes a fish jello mold?! Miss you two!