10.16.2008

Our trip to the Buffalo Zoo.

We took a little trip to the zoo yesterday thanks to our friend Melanie who had an extra pass. It was nice to finally see the Rhino and giraffe up close rather than from our front yard. This picture below is Henry who was not very amused with the Zoo or the Rocky Mountain Longhorn Sheep/Goat thing. However, as some of you may see, Henry has the binky in his mouth!!! That is right, we have had a wee bit of success with the bink. He doesn't actually suck on it, he chews on it- and it normally only stays in for 30-45 sec, but nonetheless, it is progress!


The Zoo also had a very fascinating animal, an ROUS! That's right, an actual ROUS. I don't really remember what its exact name was, but I know what I saw. They were creepy and ugly. They were much bigger than a rabbit or cat. They were definitely big enough to eat Henry.





6 comments:

Melanie said...

dear laney,
I already can't imagine my life with out you! you are too funny!
love melanie

Lindsay B said...

whatever that thing is, i am afraid.

Kent and Leisy said...

it looks like a capybara to me.

Mel said...

I love how you call it "the bink." So, what exactly is an "ROUS?" What does "ROUS" stand for? Wait a sec! I just got it! Yay me for remembering Princess Bride!

Jeff and Whitney said...

That is one weird looking animal. But Hankypanky looks quite cute and I am glad he wasn't eaten. That would be unfortunate.

Kari Ann said...

He is pretty cute Laney! That picture of him on the floor looks exactly like Zeb, do you get told that a lot? He is getting big.