10.06.2008

we skipped fall and winter has arrived...



It's really cold here in Buffalo. The nights are in the 30's. Our house is freezing, and we aren't turning the heater on until at least November. It's way too expensive. I wear my furry boots all over the house now. I quite like it. However, I don't think Hank likes it much at all. He has been very irritable lately and he isn't sleeping well. We bought him some winter wear and we are giving him more blankets at night which we really hope helps. And Taylor is going to get us a fire in the fire place soon. I couldn't be happier about a fireplace. We'll post pictures once Taylor figures it all out.


Henry eats sweet potatoes now. We don't think he really likes them much. We may just stick to the rice cereal for awhile. He has also been having rashes all over his face since he has been eating them, but we think it is from throwing up and then rubbing his face in it in bed. The dang kid won't stop throwing up. Our lives are somewhat dull for the time being, and I am having a difficult time coming up with things to post. I thought that once we moved here to Buffalo that things would die down a bit and I would have time to go do adventurous things, but I feel busier than ever. Working 20 hours a week and having a thesis to write keeps me busy, not to mention taking care of Hanky panky.

Anyway, in the spare time we do have, we like to go estate sale shopping. Every weekend here in Buffalo, there are estate sales. Estate sales are like yard sales but much much better. They have them when people die. You go to houses all over the city where everything inside is for sale. Everything! (We have seen some weird stuff. i.e. bed pans) Sometimes it feels a little weird rummaging through dead people's clothing, but it fascinating. A few weeks ago we went to a house where the woman was obssessed with books and she had 20,000 books in her attic. It was incredible. Anyway we got this desk, and the little white rocking chair that Henry is on. The rocking chair was only $5. Taylor is going to re-finish it for us.




Here is our last picture for this post. Henry likes to sit up now, but he can't quite do it by himself, and this is normally the end result when he tries. It is really funny.

7 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

I bet Hank will hate the cold even more when he is a toddler and cooped up in the house. Then mommy might decided winter is not so great either. At least he is still adorable.

Kent and Leisy said...

where did you get the winter gear? zeb needs some. is there any on sale at the gap?

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

Looks like Buffalo is lots of fun! Those estate sales sound crazy & fun. I had a little white rocking chair when I was little & I loved it.

Kent and Leisy said...

and you tell hank not to spill any sweet potatoes on zeb's pirate shirt! I love the last picture of hank.

Annie O said...

Be on the lookout for old pitchers and watering cans for me at those estate sales--please!

I wish I were there to take care of Henry P while you work on your thesis.

Don't give up---you're almost there.

Love ya,

Nannie Annie

Kent and Leisy said...

zeb can very clearly say your child's name now! he just happens to pronounce it "kank" instead of hank.

Anonymous said...

U shuold def. ask ur doctor about him throwing up all the time. thats not normal i don't think!