11.30.2008

Our Thanksgiving week

Henry's favorite thing about Thanksgiving was the new toy he inherited from his cousin Zeb. He quite enjoys the giant lady bug and we couldn't be happier to have something new to entertain him with. Henry also loved all the new food he experienced over Thanksgiving. We finally broke down and fed him fruit. He is in love. However we let him try at least five new & different foods in one day and he got a rash on his face- and we may never know what caused it. But he sure was happy. He even ate some of the turkey.

He acts happy in this picture above in the bumbo chair, but he really didn't like it much. His legs are a little too chunky and he didn't like how it restricted his movement, he kept arching his back to get out. He is a little too old for it I guess.


Here is Thanksgiving Dinner. It was delicious. It took way too much time to create. I did however learn a new trick from Rachel Ray to keep the turkey super moist and flavorful and it really seemed to work- we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious! And below is the picture of the butter turkey I took with us all the way from Buffalo. It was a ridiculous $3.69- but I couldn't pass it up. They have Christmas trees too- but I don't think it would survive the plane trip to Utah for Christmas, I may have to carve my own.




These past few days have been extremely busy for me, thus the extremely late Thanksgiving post. I have spending many hours at the Gap. But I quite enjoy it. I got a new pink and orange argyle sweater there to wear to work for the Holiday season, I am in love with it.

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

that is a REALLY bad picture of me. thanks a lot! I'm glad hank likes the ladybug- and I'm glad its out of our apartment. We just didn't have the room for it.

Kenna said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving.

Good Reader suggested it. Now I just have to find Satan's.

MommaMcCarthy said...

I've been wondering about the bumbo chair... how old do they have to be to sit in it?

so... what was the rachel ray secret to moist turkey? i'm going to make one this weekend. jay and i decided it would be best to make my first one without the pressures of thanksgiving feast :D

do we get to see you guys over Christmas break? :D

Amy and Craig said...

hanky panky just gets cuter! Keep me posted on Gap after christmas sales because I'll be post baby and in need of a wardrobe pick-me-up. I've only done post baby in the spring and I don't think it'll be capri weather quite yet!

Annie O said...

Ooooh I can hardly wait to pinch Hanky's cheeks.

Your Thanksgiving looked like so much fun--wish I could have been there with you.

See you in a couple of weeks. I have a list of things I want you to do when you're here so you're not bored (i.e., clean the fridge, clean the pantry, wrap gifts, etc.)

Love

Nannie Annie

Steve and Hailey said...

Your Thanksgiving looks so fun. I have to admit this Thanksgiving was quite sad and exhausting. I was in bed by 8:30pm and about the Trapp Family Singers. Thankfully, Steve came home the next day.

Nate and Jessica said...

Did you know someone left me a nasty comment on my blog once because I put Natalie on the counter in her Bumbo and they thought she was going to fall off and die. I had to remove the post because the comment made me cry.