1.28.2009

No more headaches!!! Hooray.

I think I found the source of my headaches...and thank you for all your suggestions! I am most definitely not pregnant, and I am pretty sure I don't have a brain tumor, I have also dramatically cut back on my sugar intake, but that was on Jan. 1st so if anything, the headaches are from withdrawals, not too much sugar. Anyway, it was most definitely the bugaboo. The past few weeks I haven't been working very much since my Gap store has closed (don't worry I am transferring to another store) and I have been home a lot more during the day which means a lot more time with Hanky Panky. Anyway, last week I decided to take two whole days off from holding and picking up Henry. (Thank goodness I have a husband who supported me in this endeavor) Anyway, my head and neck aches disappeared! And they haven't returned either. I have also made a concerted effort to hold the little guy in my left arm this week. I feel much better! I think I may have to take breaks more often :)

He is saving a cheerio in his sleeve for later! We find food all over this kid. At night his neck is full of gross lint and sticky food. It's nasty. But we can't complain, he is an amazing eater! And he is great with his veggies. We have determined this week however, that he does not like red peppers. We blend all his food and freeze it in ice cube trays. They make for a pretty picture.

Today was a very snowy day. It snowed and snowed and snowed. The roads were horrible! I didn't want to drive so I convinced Taylor to take the train home and then walk the 1/2 mile from the station. And he did it! This is the picture I took of him just as he was getting home. He had to walk in the road because the sidewalks weren't shoveled. Don't feel too bad for him, I had hot chocolate and warm socks waiting for him, and I make him a delicious dinner every night!



Lastly, here is our little Henry in the bath. Oh how he loves the bath. And Oh how he loves his washcloths.


video

7 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

So I'm curious, when you took your "break" did you just let him fuss? Not that I am opposed at all, you have to take care of yourself. Just curious how he responded and handled it. So glad you feel better! And tell him not to worry, I STILL dont like red peppers.

Jeff and Whitney said...

Glad you are feeling better. And your little fatty has me laughing out loud! Loved the sucking sound-effects in the video!! Miss you guys!

Annie O said...

So not picking him up wouldn't be such a big deal as long as I could pinch those cheeks.

What a cutie patootie in the bathtub.

XXOO

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh you actually have a picture of him walking home...that is really sad.:( Steve has been so stubborn lately about riding his bike even though it is SO COLD. It makes me feel so guilty. I just feel awful and then it makes me mad at him. This is all very confusing for Jack.

I can't believe Henry was the culprit for your headaches...but they are gone now? Won't they come back or will holding him in your left arm make the difference?

Mike and Carly said...

Holy heck he is so cute. I love that he dips the washcloth in the water like every 5 seconds. I am glad your headaches have gone away. I guess that is what we get for having adorably chubby babies.

Amy and Craig said...

I know you're in amazing shape, but strong abs and back muscles and arm muscles also helped me alot with hauling those rotten babies around! nothing can help my hearing loss though.

Amy and Craig said...

do you have recipes for hank's food or do you just blend the veggie or fruit in a food processor and add water?