1.30.2009

One man's junk....

Last night all the women from church got together for a night called Treats & Trades (or something like that). The invitation said, bring all the stuff in your house you don't want and come share it with everyone else. The bottom of the invite said, "bring a laundry basket or large bag with you to take home all your new stuff." I decided to go because I love finding treasures, but I didn't take a laundry basket with me, because I never imagined the event would be as big as it was. Anyway, I went to the event with a few items to share, like Taylor's old Anne of Green Gables VHS tapes (don't worry we have them on DVD now) and a few other odds & ends. Taylor and I don't have a lot of junk, and we have a very large apartment so our house looks empty as it is. Anyway, I arrived and I couldn't believe my eyes! There was so much stuff!!! It made me wonder how people can have that much stuff. But I was in heaven! I have pictures below of some of my favorite treasures, but it is definitely not all. One of my favorite finds was a new Popsicle blue billabong hoodie that says I (heart) NY. I think Erica brought it, thank you Erica! I have been looking for a cozy hoodie to wear around the house and now I don't have to wear Taylor's anymore.

Anyway, on to the treasures:

I found this little contraption for Henry. Leisy says Zeb loves the one they have! Henry isn't quite sure what to do with it yet since it doesn't fit in his mouth very well. I am hoping it brings us countless hours of entertainment in the future. This kid is going to have second hand toys for the rest of his life. Best part is, he has no idea his toys are all second hand and he loves them all same.
I came upon these markers after they have been passed by a number of times by the other women at the party. I asked someone what was wrong with them and they said, "they aren't washable." Maybe I am a little too naive seeing as how my child doesn't yet color, but I myself love to color, and I have no problem having a set of markers for myself that I keep away from small little hands that color on walls. I couldn't be happier about all these new markers.

Another glorious find, the horse! It's one of those horses that is on a stick that kids ride around on. It's adorable. And it looks brand new! I am not going to let Henry touch it until he stops throwing up and he stops drooling.

And lastly, here is the greatest find of the night....Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder. This is my favorite bronzer ever made! For those of you who know me, you know I love a good bronzer. Luckily I was born with a slight orangish yet still very white tint to my skin so the world of fake bronze tan products actually matches my natural hue. I even love neutrogena sunless tanner. Anyway, needless to say, I love this product. Unfortunately, I have not been able to justify the $40 to pay for this high end brand, and I normally stick with the wal-mart Marykate and Ashley Olsen brand for $3.43. Anyway, my friend Briste purchased this not too long ago, only used it once or twice and decided she didn't like it, so Voila! I am now the very proud owner of Bronze Goddess.





8 comments:

Erin said...

Score! Your neighborhood does so many fun things. And you, Leisy, and Hailey are the best bargain shoppers/treasure finders I know.

PS - you should post more pictures of you and Taylor. We miss you guys!

Annie O said...

Brilliant idea! I wish I had been there. I'll have to suggest it in my ward.

Did you find any great and cool pitchers or watering cans for me?

See you next week.

Jason & Shannon said...

WOW! That's such a great idea!! You got some amazing finds!

Colby and Katie said...

Looks like you did find some great stuff. I just wish we could have one of those here! I would love some free stuff to fill the empty space in our new apartment!

Nate and Jessica said...

You love to color?

Kent and Leisy said...

Next time find something for me!!! I bet when you saw that sweatshirt- you actually thought of me anyway.

Laney said...

I must admit, I did think of Leisy when I got the sweatshirt, I even looked to see of there was another one that I could give you, but to no avail. I promise I will keep looking.

LauraJ said...

What a great idea! How did they organize it? Was it just a "free for all"?

Your little man is adorable! We love seeing updates.