1.13.2009

The Rocking Chairs

Taylor's Christmas break ended today and he has gone back to school. I am a bit sad, we quite enjoyed our lazy mornings and long days together, but real life has returned. It's snowing outside, Taylor is gone, and I wasn't scheduled for work at all this week so I feel like I am getting a taste of what it feels like to be a real stay at home mom. And I must admit it feels kind of nice to know that I have absolutely nothing to do all week! And then I remember, I am not a just a stay at home mom with one small child, I actually have to finish writing my thesis! Uggh. I am sure all of you are tired of hearing about it by now, but just imagine how I feel! I am really tired of doing it. However, you will all be very happy to hear that I am making wonderful progress, and it is coming along nicely. Hooray!

Anyway back to happier topics, Taylor finished our rocking chairs this week. We bought a big rocking chair back before Henry was ever born and we had never refinished it, and we bought a little one for Henry. Here they are. The kid quite enjoys both of them.






And lastly, here is a picture of the little bug in my favorite pajamas. I truly believe there is nothing cuter than a pudgy little kid in tight pajamas.

8 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Those are such cute chairs! I love chubby babies! Soooo CUTE!

Nate and Jessica said...

Rock on little Henry man.

Annie O said...

He is too cute. I'm going to post those pictures on my blog they're so cute.

Have you figured out a way to come see us when we're in Toledo?

And I agree with Jessica---rock on!

Mike and Carly said...

I love tight pajamas on babies! It is the best!

Big Oaf said...

Extra pudgy little kids are a family specialty, one more reason to be glad you married Taylor. Do friends give you that surprised look whenever they pick him up, then quickly ask you how old he is?

Erin said...

Hank looks really good in hats . . . and tight pajamas. Maya may challenge Hank in the pudginess department. I'm just glad she's out of the womb now.

Kent and Leisy said...

were those dino pjs meant for Zeb originally?

Andry said...

Spacify has a great selection of modern Rocking Chairs for your kids.