2.11.2009

Goodbye Uno.

I have never liked the idea of pets, especially large hairy animals living in people's homes. I think they stink, make messes, and cost way too much money. Big Dogs bother me the most, and those giant hairy cats too. I have never understood why people would want to share their living quarters with dirty animals. However, last February I fell in love with the Westminster Dog Show's Best In Show winner: Uno the beagle. Uno was replaced yesterday by some nasty looking dog, but for one year, Uno had me won over. I almost considered getting a dog. He is quite possibly the cutest little dog I have ever seen. He was the first beagle to ever win the Westminster Dog Show, and I loved him! Here's to you Uno- may you go down in history as the best dog to ever win "Best in Show."

5 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

Did you ever know Friskie? Friskie was Lexi's beagle. Dont tell her or my mom, but I was a little thankful when she passed away...for all the reasons you mentioned.

Kent and Leisy said...

i agree that uno is one of the cutest dogs alive.

Dick&Erica said...

I do not want to own a pet, but if I told Richard that if I ever did have to get a dog, it would be a beagle. They are so cute! And small! And not very furry!

abbyjane said...

I don't want to burst anyone's bubbles, BUT I'm going to. Beagles smell (and shed) just as much as Bassets. Let this be a caution to you from someone who knows...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...You must have received a poorly bred beagle. I have Uno's uncle and and he is the cleanest smelling dog I have ever owned. Honestly, the dog never needs bathing. Dirt doesn't even stick to his coat. He does shed, but not as bad as other breeds I have owned. My Brody is a spectacular specimen of the breed, as is Uno. You get what you pay for and who you buy from...Uno's breeders are the best!