2.23.2009

Highway Robbery.

Taylor and I got our heating bill for the month of January and it was $440.00!!!! The sad thing is, we are still cold all the time. We never sleep with our heat on, and we never put it above 68 during the day. This month we are back to conserving . It's nine am right now, and our apartment is 57 degrees. My fingers are freezing off as I type this. It was 55 when we woke up, so at least it is getting a bit warmer. Luckily Henry's room always stays the warmest. I think it is at least 65 in there. We just keep him back there and bundle him up. He doesn't seem to mind at all. It's no wonder people here in Buffalo are so cranky in the winter-they spend their life savings on heating bills.


Anyway- here is another little predicament Henry got himself into. Don't worry, the situation was not nearly as upsetting as he is making it out to be, he is a little dramatic. He gets that from Taylor :) Also, as you can see from the baby barf on the rug that the little guy has relapsed. For some reason he has been throwing up again. But as always, he doesn't seem to mind.





Our last bit of news, this a bit more exciting than a high heating bill and baby barf, I went and helped a man in our ward clean up his house last week and he had all sorts of amazing treasures he let us take home. Taylor's personal favorite is the old school Nintendo of which we are now the proud owners.



10 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes. That is a scary bill. I'm so sorry. Heat oughta be free anyway.

Love the picture of Hank. Wait till he starts saying "Mooooooooooooo-oooooooom!"

Kent and Leisy said...

the angle of hank's pic makes it look like everything has fallen on him- and the look on his face makes it appear that he is dying. p.s. the drama stuff is from you too, not just taylor.

Nate and Jessica said...

That is one insane heating bill. I cannot function when I am cold...I would not be able to live in a 57 degree house.

Rhonda Cook said...

Sis. Haws. It is so exciting to connect with someone who has see my boy in the last bit. Thanks for looking at my blog and telling Elder Cook about his new nephew! He was so excited! BLESS YOUR HEART! I just read about how cold it is. Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. Good luck staying warm. Thanks for feeding my boy! You will be blessed.

Steve and Hailey said...

That is the only video game I would like to play. It actually looks really fun right now.

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

Old school Nintendo rocks!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

We have big heating bills for the McCall cabin. Have you tried sealing the windows with the plastic roll and a hairdryer (you can get the plastic and tape from Home Depot). It might look tacky for a couple of months, but it works wonders.

Mel said...

Oh! What a sad baby?! Are you sure he was okay? Did he vomit because he was so distressed about getting stuck under that thing? I'm very concerned.

Becca Shirts said...

Sweet! We want an old Nintendo too!

Amy and Craig said...

did hank wack his head on the floor a couple times before you got him out??? looks like it!