2.09.2009

Toledo!

Our trip to Toledo was wonderful. I got new shoes- thank you mom! And it was good to see everyone. Leisy's baby reminded me of the horrors of having a newborn. I got that bed time anxiety both nights we were there, you know that feeling of knowing that you aren't going to get to sleep, and your baby won't want to eat well. Ughh. I really don't like new babies.

Anyway, aside from newborn anxiety, it was really nice seeing everyone. Henry enjoyed his cousin Zeb's company immensely but I am not sure the feelings were mutual. Zeb got sick and tired of Henry grabbing at him. Here we are at Costco. Oh how I wish Buffalo had a Costco-I love those hotdogs- and turns out so does Henry.



My parents took us all to dinner the first night we were there- Texas Roadhouse. It was delicious, however, having to deal with a very adventurous 20month old, a tired eight month old, & a 3 day old was not all that fun. The next night we just ordered pizza.



Henry learned a new trick in Toledo- the pilates plank. It is actually a somewhat difficult position to maintain for long, but he has it mastered. We don't know why he loves it, but he does.
This kid eats everything, Leisy thinks he has Crater Willies which is a disease where your brain never tells you that you are full. We are just glad that he is a good eater. We haven't found a single food that he won't eat. He only weighs 2 pounds less than his cousin Zeb who is a full year older. Some of you may think this picture is gross, but I figure the more nasty surfaces he tries to eat, the healthier he will be...right?

8 comments:

em ♥ russ said...

you're so sweet laney. thank you for the advice!

Kent and Leisy said...

it's actually prader-willi! I laughed out loud when I saw that you wrote crater.

Nate and Jessica said...

You know I let my kids eat off the floor. Okay, and that nighttime foreboding, haunting, sick feeling...I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. (shudder) At the TX Roadhouse out here you can walk in and ask for rolls and they often give them to you for free, like a dozen. But I think it's a secret.

Annie O said...

I was going to comment on Crater Willies too but it does make sense--you're filling up a crater and the whole thing gives me the willies! LOL!

Great to see you three.

Love you and hopefully we'll see you in April.

Page said...

How much does Henry weigh??? I'll bet he weighs about the same as little Carson.

I agree...let them suck on anything except poop. Carson sucked on stuff in Cambodia, and if that didn't kill him nothing will.

Boss said...

I don't know anything about crater/prater willies. But whatever that kid is eating is doing him good, cause LOOK AT THOSE BABY THIGHS! Practically the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Mike and Carly said...

I didnt even know Leisy was pregnant! Two babies... wow!
I seriously cannot believe that Henry can do pilates! That is a very impressive picture!

autumnbottom said...

I think Henry looks absolutely perfect! And i'm very impressed with the pilates move. Heck, I can barely do that move!