3.15.2009

It's going to be a long week....

Taylor and I decided to make a few extra bucks and babysit a family from church for the week. Their parents went on a cruise to the Cayman Islands. They left on friday morning and we are here until this upcoming friday. The weekend was an adventure, I had to work all day friday and saturday, so Taylor definitely had his hands full, but I think I made up for it by getting six children ready for 9:30 AM church by myself while Taylor was at meetings, and then arriving 15 minutes early! (4 of the six kids are girls who needed their hair done, and the other two were screaming babies!) Here we are Saturday evening after an outing to Wendy's. The kids are really good kids and the older ones are helpful with the little ones. Henry however is having a hard time adjusting- as you can see from the picture below.  He has already had one minor mishap plummeting off the couch onto a very hard floor (we'll show his bruise later)- and he doesn't seem to love all the noise, but I am sure he will somehow manage. 

The youngest of the Casper girls is Caroline. She loves Taylor! She keeps asking if she can snuggle with him on the couch. She is absolutely hysterical, with no reservations about anything. This is a video she made with Taylor today. Stay posted for more pictures of our week. 

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I have to say...my very favorite part of that photo is poor Hank's face. Oh my, is he overwhelmed! :)

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I hope they are paying you BIG bucks. You might need a little vacation aftewards.

autumnbottom said...

I can barely keep my wits when i'm watching one other baby plus my own, i can't imagine keeping track of SIX kids. I don't know how my grandmother did it....

Annie O said...

They should pay you with a trip to the Cayman Islands! Hey, how are you going to see Metta if you've got SEVEN children to take care of?

Ashley said...

haha, Henry doesn't like sharing you guys with six kids! I love that you guys are doing that, good luck!

Rachael said...

DARLING video. You are so very brave.

Amy and Craig said...

we did that one time. it was hell. we didn't get paid though. I never need that many babies!!! (actually they were older and it would have been fine if their parents weren't crazy and their house a pigstye.

Annie O said...

So are you having a tough time keeping up on the blog with SEVEN children? Let that be a warning.

Poor Henry P. He isn't used to sharing the spotlight.

Nate and Jessica said...

Cutest video. You guys are brave...only a couple more days!