3.24.2009

My happy birthday.

I had a wonderful birthday that extended through last night...my friend Melanie made me the most wonderful dinner in the world. She does a cafe rio dinner that I think is better than the real deal. And a heck of a lot cheaper. I was also showered with gifts, my favorite may have been the Butter lamb from the Moellers. I love how Buffalo has butter sculptures at the grocery store for every holiday. Anyway- on Saturday Taylor took me to the Albright Knox for the Action/Abstraction show. I quite enjoyed the show, and I realized that I will be forever indebted to the Museum of Art at BYU for the education I received while I worked there. I have a whole new appreciation and understanding for all things art. These were my absolute favorite pieces of the show:



My birthday also consisted of a quiet night out to dinner and grocery shopping without Henry. Thank you Mackenzie and Tyler for the free babysitting.

Here is Henry's new favorite pastime.
video

7 comments:

Mike and Carly said...

Man I totally was about to send you a Happy Birthday text because I thought your birthday was today. Dang. I'm terrible. I am glad that you had a good birthday and I hope you have a great rest of a birthday week. Love ya Laney!

Jeff and Whitney said...

I am so glad you had a very happy birthday! (I remember stories about other birthdays...!!!) Missed being able to see you on that day, but hey! You got a butter sculpture. And I love Henry's new trick!

Steve and Hailey said...

Hooray and Happy Birthday! That sounds so nice. I want to see the butter sculpture. I remember seeing one in a Martha magazine for Easter that was actually pretty cool.

Oh I used that picture of the loaded ice cream because I couldn't find another picture, but I do remember that you guys said it was gaggy. :)

Amy and Craig said...

some things never get old hank! I told my taylor that we were going to see you guys for Easter and that your baby's name was "Hanky panky". He LOVED it! thought that was sooo funny. Also I told him that there was another Taylor that was going to be there but he was taller. Taylor said "is he big, like a giant?" and I said yes! Can't wait to see you all! Sounds like we'll be driving up on the 9th and there through the 12th. Happy Birthday!

Annie O said...

How come Taylor is always wearing his hood? Is he in terrorist mode? Or is it cold in your apartment?

Did you get my b-day card yet? The car is here waiting for you.

N.A.

Kent and Leisy said...

hanky looks so much older and even a bit skinnier. does he say mom or dad yet?

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

Happy Birthday Laney! March birthdays are the best!