3.29.2009

Our baby is weird.

A few weeks ago I was making dinner and I saw Henry on the floor chewing on some unknown object, Taylor pried it out of his mouth only to discover that he had been happily chewing on a clove of garlic that I had peeled for dinner. Today I made a spicy salsa for dinner and Henry ate it by the spoonful! He still tries to eat everything he can get his chubby little hands on. I found him chewing on the plunger this week (oops). This is one of my favorite pictures from the week. He so desperately wanted to chew on this yarn ball.


Taylor and I have been discussing our student budget lately and we decided to try and think of more ways to spend less money than we currently do. If you looked at our budget you'd see that we don't have much more to cut out. We already buy single ply toilet paper, we only go out to dinner for birthdays and our anniversary (that's 3 times a year), we buy the $.99 shampoo instead of my favorite panteen or herbal essence, and we try and change Henry's diaper as little as possible. Anyway, so we thought and thought, and Taylor suggested that he stop paying for haircuts and that I start cutting his hair. I have never cut boy hair before and Taylor is very particular about his hair, but he said he had confidence in me, so last night we did it. I gave Taylor a haircut, and it was a success! Here are the before and after shots. I know it looks like there is a hole in the haircut on the after picture, but I promise, it's just the lighting. I used clippers on the bottom and scissors on the top. I even blended the two together well.


Taylor says I can keep cutting his hair, and I am kind of excited about it.




Here are some more pictures of our very messy and chubby child. And we think now that he crawls so much he is actually thinning out a bit. He may not be Hank the Tank after all.








8 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

Way to go on the hair cutting! Nate cuts his own hair and Jansen's...I won't let him touch mine.

Amy and Craig said...

such a cute baby! Good job cutting Taylor's hair! i've been cutting craig's since we got married I guess. It's pretty easy most of the time since it doesn't move on it's own. Saves about $10/6 wks. That's nothing to sneeze at!

Kent and Leisy said...

kent cuts his own hair- and zeb's as well. I tried to cut his twice- baaaad news.
hank has filled out those clothes much faster than zeb did! They would be short on him now but I don't think his belly would pop out like your monster's!

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

I had a dream last night that JT & I came to your house in Buffalo! It was fun. Miss you!

Natalie said...

Thayne made me learn how to cut his hair when we were dating and I've been cutting it ever since. I was pretty scared the first time. It only took me 3 hours and poor, patient Thayne was sitting out in the sun the whole time. It's a great way to save some money!

Erin said...

Ha! That yarn picture is great! Trust me, once they start walking and running (and in Hank's case) inevitably growing he'll thin out. He's such a dang cutie though. I love a good baby you can squeeze without breaking!

Rachael said...

good job on the haircut! I cut Derek's and it's not always great, but I still think it's better than Supercuts (or that one time he wanted to "help" me by getting it cut in Guatemala - yikes!) and cheaper for sure! :) Hank is adorable. I hope he stays a tank!!

Susan said...

Hank is too cute! you just want to squeeze those cheeks! good job on the haircut. I would never be able to use scissors.