4.04.2009

Buffalo's hidden gem

No, this tie-dyed onesie I made for Henry isn't one of Buffalo's hidden gems, but I just wanted to share my newest hobby. I got together with some friends this week and we tie-dyed baby clothes. I had one disaster, but I eventually figured it out- and here it is. I think it's pretty cool. Henry even got a compliment on it at the grocery store today.




Anyway...on to Buffalo's hidden gem...the Forest Lawn Cemetery. I went running on Thursday morning and I decided to run through this cemetery. It is only a mile or so from our house and it is absolutely beautiful. I don't know why no one has told us about this place yet, but it is my favorite thing I have seen in Buffalo since we've been here. It is listed on the National Register of Historic places, it is huge, it has lots of roads and paths for running, it has a lake with ducks and geese, a stream, a neat little chapel, gardens, benches, and beautiful monuments. I came home and read about it on the Internet and they give tours of the place during the summer. I can't wait to go back. Taylor and I are going to go for a Sunday picnic once it is warm enough- and I think it would be a great place to take family pictures. If you come to visit, we'll take you here!


This is one of the entrances:

One of the many amazing monuments


and my very favorite, the chapel doors





9 comments:

Jeff and Whitney said...

That would be an awesome place to take pictures! Those doors are pretty fantastic.

Kent and Leisy said...

Those chapel doors seem to say to me, "shh be still". Not, "Hey, come over here and have a picnic with your family!!" - Kent

Amy and Craig said...

what a wonderful discovery! I love finding new places for picnics and runs that are close!

Kami said...

I love the shirt Laney. I would love to learn how to do that. Also, the pictures of the cemetery were beautiful. What a fun find on your run.

Kent and Leisy said...

hanky is getting skinnier!

J S said...

WOW! I love the red doors! I also love Henry's tie die shirt!!

the Kprows! said...

hey we have a Forest Lawn cemetery here too and I absolutely love it as well. It's so beautiful with all the sculptures. We actually have some friends who got married a while ago in one of the chapels there. Good job on the tye dying, his shirt looks awesome. Where's yours and Taylors? :)

creed and tiffany said...

HEYYYYY!! I will go see Hannah Montana with you! I am dying to see it!

Chele and Bob said...

If we come visit next month I would LOVE to run in this cemetery with you! :)