4.01.2009

Henry's new tricks.

This first picture of the little guy demanding more goldfish crackres is hardly a new trick, he does it many times a day, but the video below is his new favorite thing to do. He just hasn't quite figured out how not to hit himself in the face when he does it. However, he doesn't seem to mind. And if you look closely at the picture you can see tooth #8 on the bottom. Teething has been a breeze for this kid. He doesn't get cranky or sick at all, he just tries to chew on everything in the house- including the house itself. We have teeth marks in our cabinets, windowsills, and probably the wood floor if I looked close enough.


Henry now says mama as well. I hear a lot of people say that mama and dada are a baby's first words, but I really don't think Henry has any idea what he is saying, so I don't actually think it qualifies as a word. Maybe we could call it his first recognizable sound.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

soooo cute!!! Its just so amazing to see him imitating you like that!

Erin said...

That is so funny! He will love watching this video over and over someday!

J S said...

That's so funny! I love how he imitates the sounds you are making and the hand movements! Sooo cute!!!

Anthony and Kristie said...

I love Henry, he is so cute. Henry reminds me of Parker when he was a baby, every time I see him I kind of wish this baby in my belly is big like Henry. Big babies handle everything easier, the only thing is they sure do cause trouble to mom's back.

Kent and Leisy said...

Zeb said dadadadada all the time - I think I was giving him a bath one night when he finally made the association between me and the word. His face lit up and he looked at me and said Dad! He didn't say mom for a long time. When he finally did we were at Old Navy and he kept screaming Mom Mom MOM over and over. - Kent

Mike and Carly said...

That is so hilarious! I thinks it's funny when he hits himself! He has such a sweet voice. Avery's teeth have been super easy too, most of the time I didn't realize she was teething. But she was a chewer and still is... she's getting the canines and is chewing on her clothes now. So fun!

Rachel said...

Ummm...cutest kid ever...by far. I can't wait to squeeze his fat little face tomorrow at church!!

By the way, based on the amount of running that I have NOT been doing...I think the half marathon is out of the cards for me. Sorry I am lame. I have been so swamped at school; running has not been an option.
:(

Ashley said...

hahah, he is so cute Laney! I was laughing so hard watching that :)