5.26.2009

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Last year on Taylor's birthday, I posted 24 reasons I love him. I decided against the list this year, although I could list far more than 25 - I could go on forever, but no one really cares to hear them all other than me. However, you must indulge me while I mention a few. Taylor makes me ridiculously happy. He is wonderful company, the best husband a girl could ask for, and one of the most kind people you'll ever know. He listens to all my stories, even though I sometimes don't listen to all of his and lastly, he loves me, and I love him more. Happy Birthday.
Today was wonderful. We woke up early (actually, no earlier than normal, but since the little guy wakes up every morning at 6:15, every morning is an early morning) and headed off for a day of adventure. Taylor told me he wanted to go hiking, so that's what we did. The weather was beautiful, and Henry was happy. We found a Kelty baby hiking backpack at a yardsale a few weeks back for $10, so we decided to try it out. Henry was in love...for the first hour and a half, then he wanted Taylor to hold him. (Another reason I am glad he chooses Taylor over me). Our hike took us down the Niagara Gorge, it's the giant gorge created by the water plummeting over the falls. It was a beautiful simple hike, and there were hardly any other people to be seen, which made for an even better day. We also took a little trip to a cute little European like town in Canada called Niagara-on-the-Lake. We wandered through the shops and had lunch and then head back home to the USA. I love using my passport. I don't know why I love border crossings so much, but it makes me very happy.



On our way home, we drove past this house!!! I made Taylor turn the car around so we could drive by again and take a picture. Notice in the second picture that the owner of the house is sitting out in his skivvies on a recliner in the front yard. I am pretty sure he knew I was taking a picture of his house.



I made Taylor wait until after the hike to open his presents, he couldn't wait.

Happy 25!

10 comments:

J S said...

How fun! Happy birthday Taylor. My favorite picture is of Henry and his dad. He looks so happy in that pack!!

Kent and Leisy said...

happy happy birthday yesterday taylor!!! I love that you guys got a picture of the man and his house. I'm sure people take pictures of him all the time. oh, and what was in all of the presents!?!

Nate and Jessica said...

See? I told you marriage wasn't hard. And you of course know I could not be more obsessed with that house and man.

Cami and Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami and Andy said...

yes, it was pretty much amazing, I really only got 2 bites but he said he felt sick the next day from all the treats and I'm sure that monster of a treat was what did it!!!

Tanner Mills said...

happy birthday taylor! ps that is a lot of presents!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Taylor! We love you guys!

P.S. Laney, you are looking skinny!! You really are! Good work!

Lightning McQueens said...

potato tay-- nice specs! did you get those from josh? or spencer? you look like you're from LA --not NY. ha ha. hope your day was fabulous--and by the looks of it, it was!

Anna said...

Laney, you don't know me but I worked with Taylor at BYU. I came across your blog through someone else's and wanted to say hi to Taylor. I had no idea you guys had a kid...your little family is so cute!!

P.S. I am in a contest that ends tomorrow and am super close to a prize...everyone go vote!
The EZ desk Giveaway

Cami and Andy said...

HI again! So the Party has moved to the Evans, and it is still at 7 tomorrow if you guys can come! email me if you need the address, sorry I deleted the other one but after you commented me I didn't want Andy to make it to your blog and see my comment to you. Any way, see you tomorrow or at church on sun.
cbirdsley@vzw.blackberry.net