5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day to me.

I got home from church today and this beautiful Martha Stewart cast iron pot was waiting for me. I love it, and I am excited to start making things in it. My friend Mackenzie has a great recipe for artisan bread that you cook right in the pot. Thank you Taylor (&Henry) and Thank you Martha Stewart. We had a wonderful mother's day today, we both spoke in church which also meant we gave Henry away for the hour (Thank you Rachel & Ryan, you can have him whenever you want him), we ate a quiet dinner together while Henry slept, and we visited with wonderful friends. It couldn't have been better.


We had a wonderful weekend, it couldn't have been much better. We did some serious yard sale shopping, and made away with some great deals which we'll share later in the week. However, everytime we get Henry a new toy I wonder why we even bother spending a dollar when he is this happy with a roll of toilet paper. It never ceases to bring him endless joy.

Henry also learned about death this weekend with the passing of a backyard squirrel. We think he fell out of a tree or something. Henry wanted to eat it. We wouldn't let him.



And lastly, something has possessed our sweet baby. He has magically become very bad. This is what he does when his toys get stuck. This behavior started overnight-and he did not learn it from us! Is this normal?

9 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I have the EXACT video of zeb doing that with his walker. really- the very same behavior and squeals. It's on my blog last year at about this time. I also have the EXACT same pictures of zeb with tp rolls. must just be developmental behaviors. I'm not a fan of the pink on henry. it makes him look girly. is henry getting tan? he looks all dark in the one pic. and still no hair. I much prefer bald babies to hairy ones- we have to cut zeb's hair often. he gets so ratty looking!

Kent and Leisy said...

I love the dead squirrel picture.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

The video reminded of when you were about that age and trying to pick up a patch of sunlight off the carpet. Too cute!

Melanie said...

That video of Henry is so funny!!! Cadence does the same thing when her toys get stuck, except she hits the ground with her hands and yells! Don't ya just love a baby tantrum! Can't wait to hear about your artisan bread!

Mike and Carly said...

It's normal and super annoying. Avery's screams were even more high pitched, but she has overcome the toy getting stuck and has moved on to scream at other things. I love your pot and I love Henry's noises.

Anthony and Kristie said...

I didn't get to tell you and Taylor I enjoyed your talks, you both did a great jog. I have to say I was a little disappointed you didn't have any lame dad jokes to share:)

Amy and Craig said...

yup, super normal. Katie and taylor had the same walker and same reactions to being stuck against the wall. Man, he's talkative! I love it! I'm really glad that you didn't let him eat the squirrel, I don't think it would have boosted his immune system.

Wanamakers in Boston said...

I laughed my head off at you and Henry paying your respects to the squirrel! Very funny.

Lindsi said...

I have tears from the laughter. Literally tears.
He's cute, funny, and I threw fits like that until yesterday so that's what you have to look forward to.