5.21.2009

Kan-Jam

There is this backyard game created here in Buffalo called Kan-Jam and we played it for the first time ever tonight. It was introduced to us by our Buffalo native friends Ashley & Adam. We loved it! In my opinion it easily beats croquet and Bocci Ball in backyard summer games. We may be purchasing the game this summer. It's a four player game with a frisbee and two cans and it is much more fun than plain old frisbee. I HATE plain old frisbee, I ESPECIALLY hate ultimate frisbee. I don't know if you are allowed to be a Mormon and hate ultimate frisbee, but I do, I think its plain awful. Anyway, we hope our summer will hold many more evenings of BBQs and Kan-Jam to share with you all. Henry was in heaven all night, we let him play in the dirt and eat anything he could find. We got home a little late and we decided not to give Henry his nightly bath and we realized that this is the first night of Henry's little life since he was in the hospital that he hasn't had a bath before bed-it made me realize that we are kind of crazy about his bedtime routine, but it has been worth every bit of it! Taylor and I were just talking about how we can't remember when he didn't sleep through the night. This kid has been sleeping 12 hours a night since he was 4 1/2 months old. We are blessed. Keep it up little Henry! And speaking of sleeping, Taylor and I went on a much longer than anticipated run this week and the little guy fell sound asleep in the stroller. I don't think there is anything in the world cuter than a sleeping Henry.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Well, you got me all excited about this game and then didn't tell me how to play. What are the rules?
Henry is definitely very cute when sleeping and awake!

Kent and Leisy said...

apparently you haven't played cornhole- the ohio made up back yard game. what is it with these people and their games?~! and poor henry needs a pillow.

Kent and Leisy said...

oh- and just wait for the kid that bucks your little system. not all kids follow such routines. true- most thrive on them- but some just won't do them.

Annie O said...

Henry is too sweet both awake and asleep. I agree, how do you play that game? Looks fun.

XXOO to you all. Happy birthday to Taylor early.

And see you in August!

N.A.

the Kprows! said...

I can't believe he sleeps 12 hours at night! Boy, I hope sleep genes like that run in the family, cuz I'm a big fan of my zzzzz's.

Naomi said...

I love that you let Henry play in the dirt and eat whatever. That's how kids should be raised, it makes them tough!