5.28.2009

This past Sunday was the Buffalo Marathon, and it ran past our house. Taylor was already off to early morning meetings, but Henry and I went and watched the first few runners go by. This is the guy that won the race. It was another 5 minutes before anyone else ran by. Our house was at mile 18. It was wonderful to watch, kind of emotional actually. It made me want to run another marathon...I think I may try...that is if my ilotibial bands will hold up. I really hate being injured.

We've had a lot happen this week, so I am trying to catch up. Taylor's birthday threw off my blogging. Here is a memorial day picture...Little Hanky Panky is cute as can be. We didn't actually swim, it was a little cold. We also learned an important lesson: Swim diapers cannot be used as normal diapers. We left it on Henry for a 30 minute drive home and he and his carseat were soaked. Nasty.
Today we took a little hike to a place called "The Eternal Flame" We have heard all about it and finally decided to head out. It was a very easy hike, however our decision to wear flip-flops turned out half-bad and half-good. There was lots of water, and you kind of have to walk through a stream,so we were grateful for water shoes, but it was also very slippery! We nearly lost Taylor and Henry, and I most definitely fell. This first picture is the waterfall and there is some sort of natural gas leak in it, its the black hole you can see in the picture, and someone has lit the gas and there is a flame there. You can see a little orange it if you enlarge the pic. They say it is natural- I guess I believe them. It was kinda cool. Anyway, for the hike back we decided to climb the waterfall and take the stream all the way back. It was quite treacherous, but we made it! (Barely)

Henry loved it.


This is after I slipped down a little hill.


Here they are tromping through the stream.

9 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

You look so much like Leisy in that top pic of you and Henry.

Kent and Leisy said...

that's one of the hikes I found while searchind online in your area. perhaps with my recent history of falling- we won't be doing it.

Markie said...

That looks like a great hike - what a beautiful spot. We're moving to your ward in August so you'll have to give me the lowdown on everything there. My email is margaret at littlelit dot com. Drop me a line - Margaret Peterson (I met you at LDSBA last year).

Will and Heidi said...

You guys do such fun stuff! I enjoy your pictures and posts! BTW, How do you hike in flip flops?

AaReAn said...

Hey there Laney!!!! I found your blog off of Whitneys (my sister)!!! I am so glad too b/c now I can stalk you while you're way over on the other said of the "main island" hehe. You guys look great!!! I can't believe how stinkin' ADORABLE little Henry is!!! The pic of Taylor and Henry tromping through the stream is classic...at least you know little henry is well above the water...no harm there!

Kent and Leisy said...

oh- but did you know that swim diapers can be reused (a few times anyway)?! they can be washed a dried like clothes!

J S said...

FUN! (Minus the wet car seat). I love the picture of you and Henry, it's so cute!

The Hinmans said...

wow, that marathon man is soooo skinny, guess thats what marathon running will do to you. That hike looks amazing, especially the waterfall. My favorite picture is you and your baby in the water. It's so cute! Makes me want a little baby. I love the little baby backpack too ha ha ha.

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

Love the flip-flops for the hike... You know we have lived here our whole livesand have never went hiking there together!