6.24.2009

Strawberry picking

Henry & I went strawberry picking for playgroup today. The strawberries are much better than the store bought kind...they are sweeter and deeper red. Our trip was quite enjoyable but it was much too hot for my liking, and poor Henry was getting a little irritable as well. I think he may take after me and my abhorrence of sweltering heat. However, we may try and make a delectable strawberry treat later today.

Henry learned very quickly the art of picking strawberries, and every time I turned around, this is what I found. He had no problem eating the stems and leaves. He probably ate at least 10 berries...which means bad news for the diaper changers around here. Oh well. He loved every one.
And speaking of Henry's eating habits, he still hasn't stopped eating everything! We recently went to the beach and he ate everything he could get his little hands on. I think he ate one of my earrings this week too. However, we aren't complaining because he is healthy and he loves all food- especially broccoli and asparagus. What more could a parent ask for?

8 comments:

charissecameron said...

THIS IS SO CUTE :)...

Annie O said...

The picture of Henry with the strawberry is adorable. You should send it in to a magazine.

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

Aww strawberry picking looks like great fun! Where did you guys go?

Nate and Jessica said...

I hope the earring comes out the other end but only half way so that you have a long pointy thing you have to pull out of his bum. That's what I hope.

Annie O said...

Jessica Robin! Be careful of what you wish for others or it may just come back to you!

Jeff and Whitney said...

Love this! That sounds so fun. If you make any yummy recipes with the strawberries send them my way. I love the picture of Henry at the beach because it totally reminds me of my brother Alex eating the sand. Which is convenient, because we blame the sand-eating for a lot of things! :)

Steve and Hailey said...

Laney I love the picture of you and Hank! You are so pretty. You definitely need to print the picture and frame it.

Something about Griffin reminds me of Hank...maybe the eyes. I can't wait to see you in August!

Amy and Craig said...

you're wearing my fav gap shorts! I'm so happy to be back in them, I missed them last summer. we went strawberry picking on a cool day this year and it was heaven!! how nice to have a good eater. I have my fingers crossed that sophie will be. it's torture having finicky eaters (like the other two have been).