6.03.2009


This past weekend I attended Youth Conference in Brockport, NY with the 16-18 yr old girls from church. I am the advisor for the 14&15 year olds, so I am not sure how I got roped into going, but I must admit, I had a lot of fun. There were only three of us altogether from the Buffalo Ward, but it was a multi-stake event, so there were about 300 kids there from all over Western and Upstate NY. I couldn't believe how much it was the same from what I did as a teenager, at the dance, they even danced to the same songs- YMCA, Cotton-eye Joe, etc. I still don't know that dance, and I'll never understand how everyone else does. The dance was way more fun then I remember them being (Probably because I wasn't worried what my hair looked like, or if my outfit was cute) all I worried about was embarrassing Bonnie and Mimi- and I am pretty sure I did that. I even got asked to dance by a nice boy named Bubba from Erie, PA. I never told him that I was 28, married, and had a child. I was also mistaken as one of the youth a number of times and once while wandering around campus with the Bonnie and Mimi (the two girls from Buffalo) we were chastised and told we needed to be with a chaperone at all times. I just giggled and said we'd go find one. This bottom picture is one of us stacked on top of each other in the dorm hall, Mimi is on top, then Bonnie, then me. Soon after this picture was taken we got in trouble for being too loud. Oops. I felt like a teenager all weekend. It was great.


Henry made the big switch to forward facing in the carseat this past week. He loves it and so do we! Don't mind his dirty knees...that is from him crawling around the floor at church. I am very excited for him to start walking. I don't care how much more trouble he gets into, I am tired of how dirty his knees are.


On a sad note, our next door neighbors moved this weekend, and I forgot to say goodbye before I left for Youth Conference. I am sad. But luckily they are only moving 3 hours away, so we will see them again. We sure will miss seeing these smiling faces out our living room window. Goodbye Abby, Jeff, Max, & Perry! Thanks for a wonderful year.


7 comments:

Erin said...

That's pure Laney giggling when getting chastised from other adults! The dirty knees are still cute on Hank.

yaya said...

I can see why you were mistaken for a youth..you are so darn cute! Many moons ago I chaperoned a youth conference and "accidentally" dropped a water balloon from the dorm window on the Stake Pres...oops!

Natalie said...

I am so jealous you got to go to the conference! Those kind of activities are so fun. And it's hilarious that the music hasn't changed since we were there. Glad you roped Bonnie into going! I bet those girls LOVE you.

Kent and Leisy said...

henry looks like zeb in the carseat picture!

Rachel said...

Fun fun!!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Before we moved to NY, my calling was in YW and I got asked to dance once when I was chaperone. You have to admit it does make you feel a little bit good even though you are married with one child. I love the picture of Abby and the kids, I am going to miss those guys.

sam and brittney said...

I just went to a car seat class-I know lame but just to let you know the new rule for front facing car seats is 1 year old AND 20 lbs. Just thought I would let you know! Miss you!