7.08.2009

A lot has happened since we last posted...the 4th of July, discovering the Buffalo Library, Henry now walks, Henry has become a very bad baby, and my thesis is nearing completion. I'll start with the 4th of July. Independence Day is up there in my three favorite holidays...I am not sure what the other two are, I just know that 4th of July is one of them. This year was kind of a dissapointment. I think what makes holidays so much fun is traditions and spending time with family. Unfortunately Taylor had to work all day which meant I spend the day at home with the rugrat and cleaned the house. It needed to be done, so for that I am grateful and we needed the money so I am very glad that Taylor worked, I just wish we had gone out to play. However the evening was wonderful, we went to a very fun and eventful church party...it was much better than I anticipated, and then we finished off the night with fireworks. Henry quite enjoyed the fireworks, and he didn't seem scared one bit. Here we are watching the fireworks.


This is the closest we got to a family picture...those are Henry's little legs in the background.



Now onto Henry and his newfound love: walking. He just magically started walking on Sunday. He didn't walk in the morning or at church, but then Sunday afternoon...voila!...he walked. He hasn't stopped since.
video


Now onto the wonderful and serendipitous discovery of the Buffalo library. I am in love. They say it is the 2nd biggest public library in America. It has been years since I walked in a library simply to find wonderful books to read and movies to watch. I think college gives us all negative and anxious feelings to associate with the library like finals week and lots of homework. However, public libraries are absolutely wonderful. The one here has a cafe, a store, and lots of wonderful things. I think I will be going every week as long as I live here in Buffalo.


5 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

I love libraries. And I love that Henry is now terrorizing your house.

Kenzie said...

I can't believe he is walking, so crazy. now he'll actually need shoes.

J S said...

That video is great! He looks so darn cute walking! That library sounds amazing, and congratulations on almost finishing your thesis!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

What kind of fun and eventful party at the church...I need details.

Annie O said...

It looks to me like you were enjoying teh fireworks more than Henry P was. And I want to know if you found yourself saying "ooooh, ahhhhh" and then admitting that you are growing up to be your mother (but better I hope).

Love ya and we missed you over the 4th!