8.02.2009

I am going away.

I am headed off to girls camp tomorrow for the whole blasted week. I am kind of excited, but in all seriousness a little sad to leave Taylor all week. I know it's only a week and no one really wants to hear about how much I will miss him and how much I love him, but tough beans. I am really going to miss him. It makes me sad to be away for so long. Henry on the other hand, I may not miss quite so much. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, I'll miss his tubby little body, and squishing him, and squeezing him, but he is not nearly as good of company as Taylor. Speaking of the little guy, we went to the zoo this week and I made him walk across the wobbly bridge without me. He hated it.

Taylor found another wonderful curbside treasure, the kid drags it around the house and he thinks it's a dog. He is really cute (Henry, not the horse).
We discovered the TV this week. It's amazing. I just tie him in this chair with a snack and I can take a shower now without having to wonder what messes he'll make while I am gone, or without having to lock him in the bathroom with me and get the shower curtain opened on me every few moments. Thank you Blue's Clues. Some of you may wonder why we never tried this earlier, but we did and he never really liked it much. His span is still only about twenty minutes. But those are gloriously wonderful minutes.


We went to a birthday party this week and it was HOT!!! As you can see, little Henry gets like his mother in the heat, red and-even though you can't see it here-cranky! He also aquired the taste for bread at the party. Hooray.

And lastly, just so Taylor doesn't forget what I look like while I am gone, here I am.
I like to call these our peas and carrots shirts. We go together like peas and carrots.




7 comments:

Naomi said...

I like your peas and carrot shirts, and I rather like the two of you too! Love ya!

Mike and Carly said...

I hate girl's camp, but I probably would go to take a break from momhood for a week. Good luck!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Don't scare me like that Laney, when I read "I'm going away" my heart stopped beating for a minute because I thought you were going to leave Buffalo. Life here wouldn't be the same without you, I'm glad to know it is just for a week.

Annie O said...

So exactly what are the snacks on Henry's tray? Looks like buttons, graham crackers, marshmallows, and pieces of red licorice. That's not healthy!

taylor and laney said...

Actually, it is blueberries, a light waffery biscuit, string cheese and strawberries. And that's 100% juice in his hands.

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

Cute picture of you guys! Have fun at girls camp!

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm assuming that since today is thursday- and laney gets home tomorrow?- that you, taylor, will not be blogging in her absence?!