8.12.2009

Tidbits from our week

Henry is finally to that age where he actually makes a conscious choice as to what he wants to do from moment to moment, rather than being stopped by every object he sees. His new favorites are reading, and pillows. He grabs books opens the pages and mumbles to himself from page to page. I know that every child does this, but when it is your own, it is really cute.

He is still in love with rolling around on the pillows on our bed. I love it. Every morning he toddles in and begs to be put on the bed.

We have aquired two more lovely pieces of free furniture. We have been searching for a bookcase of some sort for Taylor's office, and we found this one. We love it, however, it isn't hard to love something that was free.
And we got this lovely locker at the Gap. It is cardboard. And as you can see at its base, it may not last very long. As soon as we got it home, Henry climbed inside, and it collapsed. We'll see how long it lasts.

And one final thing, Target redesigned their diapers. I love them. Green and blue polka dots. They also seem to be better quality as well, or maybe Henry just isn't peeing as much. Either way, his pajamas are not wet when he wakes up in the morning.

5 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

The diaper quest...I hate it. that locker doesn't look cardboard!

Kent and Leisy said...

the diape thing probably has more to do with his diet than anything else. Zeb stopped peeing through diapes at about teh same timea s henry. I think it's because his liquid input become secondary to solids.
I think that zeb and hanky may have similar hair color. and I love the bookshelf. was it on the side of the road?!

Annie O said...

Henry is SO cute! I can hardly wait to squeeze him.

What day and time do you arrive?

Amy and Craig said...

yeah I have the same diapers for Sophie too. I love that they don't have stupid cartoons all over them!

RaCHeL + DoUg said...

I love your bookshelf! So fun when you find freebies! Henry is a doll & he just makes me smile whenever I see him!