9.09.2009

mmmm.

These are some of the final pics from our trip home for Metta's wedding. This first one is of the sisters. I sometimes wonder what life would have been like with a brother. I think he would have thought that we were completely crazy- I am pretty sure our husbands sometimes think that, and even my dad.

This is Tanner, aka the great photographer. He took our family picture on the top of this page, and he did it for free! Henry loves him. So do we.

Our trip home also consisted of Henry popping out 4 large molars. Because he has never even so much as whined about his other 9 teeth coming through, we didn't ever think that maybe a little baby tylenol would help the little guy feel better. Oops. Good thing Leisy was there to drug him and help him feel better. Zeb and Henry did not do well on car rides together.
We also took family pictures with Taylor's fam. Henry did alright until about picture 71 which was a grandkids only picture- there are 25ish of them-I don't remember how many exactly. Poor kids. Maybe next time we should do the grandkids only pictures first. It was funny.

Every mom does kind of mean things to their children, like chasing them with vacuums or placing them next to large scary animals...we do lots of mean things to Henry. Like this picture below. I have been eying this dress at the BabyGap for quite sometime. I figure I will probably have a little girl someday, and if I don't, chances are one of my sisters will. Anyway, I thought this little dress was just really cute. And then it got marked down to $2.97- who can pass that up? I bought a couple. And then I tried them on Henry just to see if they fit. He is really cute. And speaking of mean things that aren't really that mean, Henry wouldn't eat his veggie burger earlier this week so I chopped it up in little pieces and mixed it with his peach yogurt. He had no idea, and he loved it.

And lastly, is my wonderful creation of the week. My sister posted this recipe on her blog awhile back, and I made it. It was delicious!!! If you like chocolate cake, this is the cake for you. I know I didn't make it very pretty, but my cake tray made it difficult. Here is the recipe if you want to try it http://kentandleisy.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-first-real-layered-cake.html I highly recommend it. I added a layer of ganache between the two cake layers and all over the outside before I put the buttercream frosting on. The ganache was just 1 cup of cream and a little less than a whole bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You get the cream to just boling and then pour it over the chips and voila....ganache. I let it sit overnight before I did the frosting.


9 comments:

Tasha said...

That cake looks DELICIOUS.

Becca said...

Laney! Just wanted to let you know that I love looking at your blog. Maybe it's because Henry is so dang cute and he and Lexi are pretty close in age too. Anyway, I realized though that I don't think you have access to Lexi's blog. I felt bad that I've been looking at your blog but you can't see mine. Haha. I'm not even sure if you would want to (we've kinda made it ultra-private for just close friends and family 'cause it's really boring for anyone else I'm sure...) but I want to make sure the offer is out there for you. :) Anyway, send me your email address if you want an invite beccareid@gmail.com. There now my conscience is now clear! Haha. PS-sorry for the reeeaaally long comment. PPS-I absolutely LOVE the picture of Henry in the dress-his facial expression is classic. You're a cute mom.

Nate and Jessica said...

I didn't know you dared use cream! That looks divine.

Kent and Leisy said...

that crying picture is hilarious. I'm stealing it. good job on the cake. I think I may be making it again soon- but I don't dare use cream!!!

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

You guys are so pretty! Too funny you are dressing up your poor little boy! You are so silly, and I am totally craving that cake right now!

Aaron and Kalle said...

Tay that totally reminds me of you growing up. In the sense that Liz used you as a dress up doll.

Tanner Mills said...

the hank in a dress picture made me laugh for a while!!!!!

Annie O said...

Great cake, mean mother! Where did you learn that behavior?

It was great to have you home. I'm so pleased at how happy you are. And did you leave a couple of pink sweaters here?

sam and brittney said...

Laney, you are wrong for putting Hank in that dress!! I am going to make the cake. Jackie is coming to visit me next weekend and it is her b-day weekend so I thought I would give this cake a whril.