12.06.2009

Remember how we were sick???

Remember how I blogged about that awful stomach virus that left us all puking our guts out for a few days after thanksgiving? Well turns out, it is quite possibly the most contagious virus to ever be placed on the Earth. We had guests over for dinner last week...all four of them were puking their guts out within 48 hours (we kind of felt bad, but deep down inside, I think the missionaries were excited for a day off and a day to sleep in) and then every single one of my seminary students that came last week also spent a day or two at the toilet. This is a picture of us driving them to school after class, Lizzie is on the left with the garbage can, she actually puked in the car a few times. Henry didn't seem to mind, and that's Hunter on the right with the window rolled down trying to get some fresh air (she started puking later that day at school) I must admit, the whole situation was hilarious. Don't worry, the girls thought it was too.

Our adventures didn't stop there, Henry also got in a fight with the asphalt this week and lost. You can see his poor little face here. It has scabbed up quite nicely. You can also all see Taylor's new specs in this pic. I quite like them. And he isn't complaining about not being able to see the board at school anymore. When he took his vision test at the Dr's office, they said to him, "you probably wouldn't have passed the vision test at the DMV." He declined to tell the Dr. that he kind of cheated at the DMV by stepping closer when the lady wasn't looking.
Anyway...and now onto very exciting and very wonderful news...I set a date for my thesis defense and purchased my airplane ticket. I am going to Utah one week from today!!! I can't believe how close I am. I cried when I set the time and day. I would share all of my feelings of joy and elation, but I don't want to jump the gun, I still have to defend and hope all goes well. I most definitely need your prayers. My defense is Monday December 14th at 8am. You can pray all week for me and at 8am mountain standard time a week from tomorrow. I thank you all in advance.



14 comments:

Rachel said...

I will pray for you!

And I am so glad that I wasn't around you last week. I HATE throwing up. I mean, HATE it. I cry every time I barf...luckily, it doesn't happen very often--like, once every four years or so.

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

Good luck Laney! That is so exciting. You are SO close! And also I can't believe that girl was throwing up in your car in a garbage can. That is just too crazy.

So JT does have a passport, but no stamps yet! I went to Barcelona by myself this time around but hopefully we can go together soon. It's actually pretty easy to get to from here - direct flight, & only 7 hours long (it's almost 6 to Utah!), plus it's not that much more expensive than flying to Utah! I'm feeling pretty lucky that even though my parents are on a mission I am still just about as close as I was to them when they were in Utah. It helps me not miss them so much.

I hope you guys are doing well! Henry is a cutie. Let us know if you ever head towards NYC!

Page said...

Carson is a huge Henry fan. He caught me looking at my Reader this morning, and after he saw one picture of Henry, he couldn't stop. Now he's still saying, "I want mo' pictures of Henry!" And he just went and got a scarf, "like Henry's scarf!" They will have to meet. Carson would be so excited.

Annie O said...

Nobody's gonna be praying harder than your mother! I'm so proud of you for just getting this far.

Poor poor Henry! And I like Taylor's specs too. See you soon. What are your flight details?

Naomi said...

Yay! Laney, I want to see you! Lets meet up, I'll be out of school and free as a bird! (not really, but as good as it's going to get!)

Nate and Jessica said...

You got it. Little Henry's face makes me hurt just looking at it.

Tyler said...

Look at those two goofy smiles (Henry and Taylor). I can't wait to see Henry at Christmas. Taylor, the glasses are sharp.

Mike and Carly said...

Good luck!

Lightning McQueens said...

we have a picture of isaac after he lost a fight with the pavement twice in one week. matt thought his nose would never heal, mainly because i kept on picking his scabs! good luck on the thesis, and let us watch henry for you if you need it!!!

the Kprows! said...

that is my worst nightmare ever! being around anyone that has the puking virus scares me worse then anything else. remember when we were at your house and ben was holding bryson and then suddenly threw him practically across the room and projectile vomited all over your carpet?! as soon as our parents rolled up in their cars I ran outside bawling because I was so traumatized! Good luck with your defense on Monday!! we'll be thinking of yoU!

AaReAn said...

congrats with your thesis!!!!!!!!! that is so very exciting laney! So proud of you!!!!!!!!!! oh did you ever try that recipe...just curious if taylor gave it the two thumbs up?!?!

Amy and Craig said...

I feel like just visiting your blog will make me puke now!!

Lynae said...

I hope all went well with you thesis!!

Mike and Carly said...

I need your address... and your phone number! WIll you email them to me
carlyhaynie@gmail.com!
Thanks Laney! I hope you did well!