3.24.2010

This kid is in love with the shirt. He asks for the Tractor Shirt every day.

Today I went to one of the fancy schmancy private catholic schools here in Buffalo to talk to their "Religions of North America" class about Mormonism. They told me that I could bring Henry and that they would love it if I did, so I thought why not- nothing that awful could happen. Anyway, so I get there and of course they are all in love with Henry. He had a little stuffed whale and he kept taking it to all the girls desks and telling them about it. He was also rummaging round through papers, under the desks, etc. About 25 minutes into my spiel, I realize Henry is off in a corner. When he goes off into corners there are only a few things he can be doing, all of which are bad, and one of which is poop. Soon after, he runs to me and asks for me to hold him so I pick him up and realize he has explosive diarrhea which I can see on his back (luckily no one else can). I set him down a few moments later only to realize there is now liquid poop on my white sleeve! Luckily it was on my forearm and I could easily conceal it, and miraculously the poop smell wasn't yet radiating from him, but it was somewhat awful. Soon thereafter Henry redeemed himself when I started talking about prayer and he promptly folded his arms and closed his eyes for the class. It was adorable. And by the time 45 minutes was up, I was pretty sure no one noticed a thing. It truly was some sort of miracle that he didn't stink to high heaven. All in all it was a great experience. I really like teenagers.

We went to Toledo for the weekend for my birthday(and Leisy's too) and to go to the Gap Maternity there. We don't have one here, and I really needed some shorts and a few shirts. I was quite successful in my venture. We even got to go shopping without the Pikachu. Shopping and dinner were amazingly wonderful without little kids running rampant. We had a great weekend and Henry loved his cousins Zeb and Ike. It was totally worth the trip. We let Henry eat way too much junk and our last night there he threw up. It was a clear reminder to me that letting him eat all that garbage is never worth it, even if we are on vacation. I kind of felt bad like it was my fault. Luckily, he felt wonderful soon thereafter and slept for 3 hours on our way home!

7 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

I cannot believe that happened.

Annie O said...

I so wish I could have been there--at both events. What kind of questions did you get asked at the school? And how did they know to call you?

Kent and Leisy said...

I hate when Ike poos in bad places. did you get any good pictures at red robin? and what did you tell the class about?

yaya said...

Ok, that made me really laugh! I guess that's because I used to be Catholic and I just had a vision of Nuns, Priests and smelly poopy kiddos! Nothing that great ever happened when I was in school!

abbyjane said...

i am pretty dure the holy ghost told him to be not stinky, just like he told him to fold his arms

Annie O said...

we want MORE blogs

Mel said...

I love the pictures of Henry with his cousins. He is such a cute little guy.