4.05.2010

It's official. Winter is over. I know I really shouldn't say that so confidently, heaven knows snow in April, May, & June in Buffalo isn't that out of the ordinary, but one can only hope that winter is really gone for good. We hit 80 degrees this past weekend. We spent many an hour outside, and Henry and I even went for a run to my favorite cemetery. It really is an amazing place. Just look at this Buffalo! Henry thought it was a sheep.

I also think a couch is a great idea for a monument at a tombstone, you know so your loved ones have somewhere to sit when they come visit.
Our Easter weekend was also delightful. We ate good food, we went on a bike ride, had a picnic, and Henry enjoyed an ice cream cone with no shirt on. My goodness this kid can be messy. He has also found a new love: popcorn. I don't know if he loves the popcorn more or watching it pop in our air popper.



Do you like Henry's easter basket? It's all I could come up with, and it seemed a little more festive then a plastic bag.

And lastly, the very best part of Easter weekend was the lamb cake Taylor made me. I told him that I wanted a lamb cake, only problem is, we don't have a lamb cake mold so Taylor looked for some ideas online and came up with a plan. When he walked out with the finished cake, the first words came from Henry who said, "Monster! Scary." I nearly died laughing. I quite liked the lamb cake and it was very delicious. Thanks Taylor.

11 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

I love all the pictures! How funny that he thought it looked like a monster. In the first picture Hank reminds me of "where the wild things are" Super cute!

Kent and Leisy said...

um- how in the CRAP is that supposed to be a lamb? did you already eat half of it?!!?

Rachel said...

Why didn't you frost the lamb in white??? That looks like a mud blob!

brent and kashann said...

You and Taylor have a unique relationship. You are lucky. Ordering Lamb cakes for Easter wouldn't work out around here. Looks like as usual you are having tons of fun.

Annie O said...

All the pix are TOO cute. I love Henry and the ice cream. Enjoy the warmth--we had 2 inches of snow again last night and we expect more today.

P.S. I so want one of those chairs for my grave--I'm serious!

Nate and Jessica said...

Oh that lamb is a treasure. Love it so much. But you knew I would.

MommaMcCarthy said...

haha! Henry doesn't seem too pleased with his "basket" in that shot :D I love his big grin, so cute. That cake reminds me of cakewrecks.blogspot.com ... one of my all-time favorite blogs. you should really check it out if you haven't already.

Kent and Leisy said...

so I'm serious about the lamb cake. How is it supposed to be a lamb?!?!

yaya said...

That is a cake only a loving wife would love from her loving hubby! I can't stop laughing! We missed you guys at the Pines, but it looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Hank is getting so big! Cute pics.

Janna Mills said...

ha ha ha oh my gosh I laughed out loud so hard. Love the pictures. Love the easter basket. Love the cake. Did we tell you for Christmas my mom didn't want to go get the stockings from the attic so she used easter baskets? ... ha ha

Cher said...

This post is proof that I should not be checking blogs at work 'cause I'm pretty sure I just 'gafawed' out loud!!! That cake is the most special of all cakes!! Oh man I'm dyin'!